ICE & HFT Help with radio code unlock.

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by bennetm3, Monday 14th May, 2018.

1. bennetm3 New Member Getting Started

I have had my 2015 CR-V 1.6 I-DTEC SE-T for about a month now and love it so far.
    I have just had a tow-bar fitted and they had to disconnect the battery so it's now asking for the security code when turning on the sat nav / stereo.

I have the Anti-Theft ID Card that came with the car, but that just shows a serial number that is a word and no code. (6 Alphabet Chars)
    The same code is shown in the service book.

The unit seems to be asking for a 4 digit numeric code, so I'm rather confused what / where this code is !

Can anyone help me ?

2. cat-guy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

cat-guy United Kingdom
    The radio code card should be located in the vehicle documents wallet, if it’s not then you should contact the original supplying Honda dealer for assistance.

3. bennetm3 New Member Getting Started

It is - I have the Honda Anti-Theft Radio Identification Card - that has a 6 letter word on it.

The unit is asking for a 4 digit numerical code, hence my problem.

4. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Just explored the "Bible" and on Page 244 it includes the following:-

"The audio system is disabled when it is disconnected from the power source, such as when the battery is disconnected or goes dead. In certain circumstances, the system may display a passcode input mode. If it does, reactivate the audio system". This statement is followed by the Following:-
    Reactivating the audio system.
    Turn the ignition switch to ON (II)
    2. Turn on the audio system.
    3. Press and hold the audio system power button for more than 2 seconds.
    The audio system is reactivated when the audio control unit establishes a connection with the vehicle control unit.
    If the control unit fails to recognise the audio unit, you must go to a dealer and have the audio unit checked.

Just for completeness, I have no code for the audio unit in my documentation which is as provided by the dealer when I bought the car new, so it would appear that the instructions above are the answer.

Hope it helps

Keith