Daily Driver Henrietta the CR-V

3rd Generation (2006-2012) vehicle added by Chrispike, Saturday 8th Sep, 2018

1. Chrispike Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Chrispike added a new Honda to the garage:

Name pending....

Check the vehicle's full information here.

2. Chrispike Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Day 4! I've cleaned the cars outside and checked the oil level! Its within the lower half of tolerance.

However, I cannot top it up since I cannot get the oil cap off! Need to spend a bit more time in the gym methinks! I'm turning it anticlockwise, I've tried a cloth to help grip. Next step will be pliers of some sort, but I am SLIGHTLY worried about breaking the cap and dropping parts of brittle plastic into the engine!

I also need to remove the intruder I found underneath the front seat, he looked like a Jelly baby but on closer inspection of the photo it may be a crisp of some kind.

Attached Files:

Sandy52 and andy83 like this.
  3. Chrispike Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Success! The intruder has been removed and disposed of (potassium nitrate hehe) and i've managed to remove the oil cap with the gentle use of a spanner.

Next was a new rear wiper, the old one was VERY tired so we replaced it with a Bosch wiper this morning!

Next will be two front tyres! I also need to look into the front driver side parking sensor, it seems to go off at the littlest thing!

Also wipe down engine bay!

Attached Files:

Nels likes this.
  4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Did you smear a little oil on the rubber seal before refitting?

5. Chrispike Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I did not! I need to buy a little bottle of oil! I will do this next time! I guess that will stop it being so tight!

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

It should help unscrewing.
    You could use a drop off the end of the dipstick. Just don't get it on your skin.

7. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    mate sure seems your working though the jobs on her, just a quick point have you done rear diff fluid yet mate...
    Thanks
    Andy

8. Chrispike Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Dipstick is on the low end, will get a little bottle for topping up! Aiming to put her in for a service at February time (6 months for MOT, giving me time to deal with issues!)

Will add it to the list, would like to do gearbox oil too, and brake fluid!

andy83 likes this.
  9. Chrispike Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Rear brake pads replaced today! Sliders lubricated! Apart from a slight snafu not being able to get the passenger side rear wheel on, it all went well.

I've roadtested the car and the brakes work now with no squealing!

Attached Files:

FirstHonda likes this.
  10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Chris, please tell me you had more than a hydraulic jack supporting the car when you were working on it...

andy83 likes this.
  11. Chrispike Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Axle stand (tow bar mounting). And the wheel under the sill (Not sure how effective that would be)

Safety first!!

Need to look into jacking points. There seem to be a few potential places

Nels likes this.
  12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:Thumbup: