Introductions Hi from Bridgnorth!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Zebster, Monday 23rd Feb, 2015.

1. Zebster Guest

Hi everyone, I'm Seb.

I've owned my 2005 diesel tourer for nearly 7 years and in that time have done quite a few repairs, some major but most minor.

I look forward to taking part in technical discussions!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hey @Zebster Welcome along please do upload pictures of your car into the Garage. :Hey:

3. Ricki_5thGenCoupe Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Northern Ireland Richard Belfast
    welcome buddy, seems like your already quite handy but hope we can help!

4. Zebster Guest

Thank you for your speedy welcomes!

I'll take some pictures sometime and work out how post them. But please don't get too excited, as I'm not one for keeping a tidy car - it's just an old tatty indigo blue tourer. But it does go remarkably well, even though it's done over 160k miles and tends to be a bit neglected, e.g. serviced at irregular intervals and repaired as cheaply as possible.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to HondaKarma @Zebster. Sounds like she has served you well so far.

Just be careful not to neglect the oil changes. Otherwise the diesel engine will expire on you :Aghast:

6. Zebster Guest

She's been brilliant and is a long way from expiring! Only really big issue has been timing chains.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Ahhh.... that's what I was eluding to. You will get timing chain issues if you don't religiously change the oil every 6K miles or so.

Sounds like that issue has already hit you ?

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome @Zebster :welcome:

Smashing part of the country you're in.

@SpeedyGee (the name is a giveaway) has beaten me to it again. The timing chain has one weakness - oil changes.
    They need to be at around every 6k to keep the chain healthy.

Good to have you on board. :Hey:

9. Zebster Guest

Possibly the soot build-up did cause the cam chain wear, but my problem was mainly due to the inferior tensioners used on the 2004/2005 engines. I always change the oil well before the suggested 12.5k mile limit (maybe a tad over 6k though) and even then can see how shockingly bad the soot build-up gets. But I don't know how this compares to other diesel engines?

10. John Dickson Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello Seb welcome to HK :welcome:

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Welcome Seb, sounds like you have a reliable workhorse on your hands :Smile: If you've already been bitten by the timing chain bug, there's not too much to worry about from here on out with the early i-CTDIs.

12. Racy Jace Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Jason Dudley, UK
    Hi Seb :welcome:. Another local member I see. I actually used to work in Bridgnorth. It was the reason for me getting my Accord.

13. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to :gohonda:Karma