Introductions Hi from sunny Rutland

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by stuffandblah, Friday 18th May, 2018.

1. stuffandblah Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

New to forum, so thought I'd say hi. You all seem to be a friendly bunch of people :Smile:

I don't own a Honda yet, looking to go to a CR-V from a Passat.

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Hello and welcome to Honda Karma @stuffandblah :Hey:
    Have you found your CR-V yet?

3. stuffandblah Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks, Nels.
    Nope, not quite yet. Looking to get a used 2012 or 2013 2.2 diesel.
    Ideally would like a petrol given my luck with modern diesels (none of those Honda I might add), but petrol won't cut it when we want to go camping and when we get a trailer.

4. stuffandblah Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Is there anything to look out for with relatively high mileage (60,000 - 80,000) CR-Vs?

5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Plenty of threads/posts about CR-V's on here. I've never had one, so cannot give you first hand feedback.
    However, if you do go for an I-DTEC, look very carefully at not just the service history, but if possible, the type of journeys the previous owner did.
    e.g. Frequent short trips = bad. Frequent long trips = good.

A tow bar = bad, as this puts more wear on the clutch and this can be very expensive if you need a DMF at the same time.

stuffandblah likes this.
  6. rimmo Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Charlie Brigg North Lincs
  7. stuffandblah Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Test driven the petrol & diesel CR-Vs over the last few weeks, and I was impressed. However, just couldn't get comfortable (not enough leg room for me).

Tried the Civic tourer, which was nice, again couldn't get comfortable due to firm bolsters.

Im really frustrated as I love the CR-V. Oh well, back to the drawing board.