Body, Paint & Styling Hi Guys. Acura TSX is that you guys call Honda Accord

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by maksym, Monday 30th Jan, 2012.

1. maksym Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys. Acura TSX is what you guys call Honda Accord

Its really interesting why Japanese or any other car manufactures (Ford :Smile:) deliver different body style cars to US. Here Acura is considered more of a luxury brand from Honda, and brand new Acura TSX are about $30,000 MSRP while Honda Accords are low $20,000 MSRP. here are few pics what i am talking about.

honda_accord_sedan_2005_for_sale_93989084803143554.
    European Honda Accord 2005

2004_Silver_Acura_TSX_5fdb9eedfceec1098c07.
    USA Acura TSX 2005

2005_honda_accord_hybrid.
    2005 USA Honda Accord (i got similar one but 2007 little different look check my pics)

Does anyone know why we get ugly models? lol

Last edited: Monday 30th Jan, 2012
  2. Ah yes, but we get the ugly prices lol.

3. Yep the Acura TSX is very similar to the European Accord saloon...but Honda also do it as a station wagon [do you still call them that?] as well which they call the Accord Tourer...check out my profile messages for links to some pics of mine.

4. maksym Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well yes I guess its better get an accord for 20k off the lot than 30k but your vehicle depreciation is drastic isn't? I watched top gear in one episodes they showed some lightly used cars for like coins lol

5. maksym Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes we call them station wagons. They are surprisingly not common in south Florida.

6. maksym Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

By the way we don't get that body style of Acura its pretty nice looking.

7. Yep you're right, and the majority of new Accords in the UK will be bought as company cars for a lot less than what the private buyer will pay and then sold second hand when they are 3-5 years old...mine was 5 years old when I bought it and it cost about a quarter of what I would have paid for a new one...the only time I ever had a new car was when I got a lease car through work once.

8. maksym Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yep you're right, and the majority of new Accords in the UK will be bought as company cars for a lot less than what the private buyer will pay and then sold second hand when they are 3-5 years old...mine was 5 years old when I bought it and it cost about a quarter of what I would have paid for a new one...the only time I ever had a new car was when I got a lease car through work once.[/QUOTE]

Are high insurance cost, road and vehicle tax keep people with lower income from getting a cars in UK? I mean compared to USA, and Ukraine yours vehicle prices are extremely affordable. I know in Ukraine used Soviet cars from 95 are about $6,000:Grin: its insane because all you need to own a car is fill it up. In USA the prices are relative expansive for cars and marginal for insurance.

I need your prices here man lol what can you get for $12,500 dollars? I got an 07 Honda accord look at my profile. Thanks

9. Depends how honest you are.

Insurance for young people is really expensive and does keep some off the road...

...others just drive uninsured and untaxed...then they get a ban, then drive while banned, and on it goes....

10. Love the pics...spotless car.

And sun-scorched grass...I dream of that lol

11. wooster Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Re: Hi Guys. Acura TSX is what you guys call Honda Accord

They're probably just following the national trend, if they brought out something too radical, sales might bomb. :Messed:

12. maksym Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

They're probably just following the national trend, if they brought out something too radical, sales might bomb. :Messed:[/QUOTE]

Maybe, well we do get nice looking American cars.