Bulletins & Advisories Honda Connect Symptoms & Fixes in RC rollouts

Discussion in 'Technical Articles' started by Ichiban, Friday 19th Aug, 2016.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    For all cars with Andriod Honda Connect please check the version of software on yours and these are the fixes applied. for more info consult your dealer for updates they have a DVD which will update the software.

Attached Files:

2. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    At the risk of sounding stupid, how do we relate the ID codes in the Update matrix to what we have onboard? Something in the VIN, or something in the System Information?

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

The dealers will need to check the version of software installed on your Honda vehicle. That is done by this process

Press and hold "MENU"+"Day/Night"+"POWER" button (in this order) for about five seconds until the display changes
    upload_2016-8-22_12-55-13.

Select "Detail Information & Setting"
    upload_2016-8-22_12-55-29.

Select "Version"

upload_2016-8-22_12-55-46.

Write down the Main Soft (SH) and Build (TEGRA)version information
    upload_2016-8-22_12-56-27.

Based on this finding on your car the correct package is installed with the enhanced fixes.

4. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    Ichiban likes this.
  5. Beefy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    To save confusion I suggest anyone with a connect unit Honda to arrange/book a visit. The update process can take over an hour and with a dealerships busy schedule, not something that can be done waiting on spec.

Ichiban likes this.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    RC6 is out guys , once we have the attachment and pictures sorted all the info will come back.

arevilla likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Quick update to this thread a few owners who have had RC6 update applied to their cars are experiencing the following issues

1) Poor Phone Call Quality After RC6 Update
    2) Voice Echo Cancelling and Noise Cancelling not adequate

Top address this Honda have released a revised RC version 6.1 to improve the problem,please visit your dealer is anyone is experiencing these issue or other legacy issue. Please see attached PDF with more information.

Right hand cars for the UK

Attached Files:

honda_saj likes this.
  8. pifs2 Member

Problem Honda Connect to Honda HR-V
    Hello
    I have a big problem with my Honda connect it does not start anymore I do not have access to the icons.
    I have the H in 2D that appears then a H in 3D with a trick that runs in circles just below, then it goes on like this always, I can do nothing.
    I did several reset but nothing done ... unplugged the battery as well, nothing.
    Do you have a version RC5 in a iso file So I can reinstall in the Honda connect ?

can you help me?

9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Have you contacted your local dealer?
    This is more like the type of thing that only they can do.

andy83 likes this.
  10. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    @Ichiban, have you got a corresponding chart for LHD models? I am due my AB48 service next week, and would like to have the evidence for my garage.

11. pifs2 Member

yes a contact my dealer, but to have the new honda connect it will take time ...
    I installed an apk that was not android 4.0.4 ....It may be the problem.
    So it is possible to connect it with a laptop at the back in micro USB to the USB laptop.
    They connected the headunit to a Laptop and reflashed it. There's a micro-usb connector on the back. If this is really possible they avoid changing the whole headunit (expensive).
    For this it is necessary to open or is located the honda connect to access to the back, but after how to unlock the system once connected to the laptop?

12. Beefy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    So you installed unsupported software? The moment you start messing with these things you are on your own really. Is your car with manufacturer 3 year warentie ? I can only suggest asking Honda to send it away for you to be re-conditioned, which will incur a cost of arround £250 by memory. You will have to drive arround with no unit for a few weeks and pay for removal and re-install of the unit if not removed by yourself.

13. pifs2 Member

Yes it is guaranteed.
    I can do it myself, I saw a video that does not last more than 10 minutes.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Here you are :salute:

Attached Files:

andy83 likes this.
  15. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    andy83 and Ichiban like this.