Engine & Gearbox Honda CR-V 2.2 i-DTEC Fuel Filter Location

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Oscarmax, Friday 24th Jun, 2016.

1. Oscarmax Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Melvin Tregynon
    Does anyone know the location and how to change the diesel fuel filter on a 2.2 diesel 2013 I-DTEC engine

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Hi @Oscarmax
    :Rolf:

4. macquatic Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland mac Highland
    Hi Oscarmax, welcome to the forum.
    In answer to you question - no idea, but probably in the engine bay somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 24th Jun, 2016
    FirstHonda and SpeedyGee like this.
  5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  6. crv2014ex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom andy chesterfield
    Honda has a nasty habit of putting the fuel filter on a CR-V on the bulk head resulting in a big strip down job to get at. You tube maybe your best bet. I definitely know the mkIII CR-V fuel filter change details are on there. As it's basically the same engine it's probably going to be in a similar location for the mkIV.

7. Beefy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Remove he battery and battery tray, air box ducting and Airbox and its right there. You need the correct filter cup really in order to undo the filter cap.

jimjams likes this.
  8. macquatic Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland mac Highland
    Same as the Gen 3 then.

9. ellacrx Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland tony Ireland
    Hi All, just did it, doubt the dealer ever did even though it was stamped in the book!
    1. Remove air filter top pipe, and air flow sensor lead, remove air filter and top of box, remove lower section by removing one bolt and then pull up off the 2 rubber mounts. Wiggle it out, you don't need to remove the battery.
    2. Remove the plate that is under the lower part of the air box, 2 bolts. Remove the lower air pipe and stuff a clean cloth in the turbo inlet just in case anything might fall in.
    3. The diesel filter should now be visible, remove the two 10mm bolts that hold on the top retainer plate, probably a bit rusty as its not painted (I sprayed mine).
    4. Remove the inlet, 10 mm bolt and pull it out. Now you will either need the correct tool, I made one that located in 3 edges of the circumference of the filter housing out of a bit of flat and a sacrificed socket, it was tight probably because it was never really off before!.
    5. Twist the top off, pull out the filter, replace the filter with new o-rings, IMO only use genuine parts.
    6. If you got this far I don't need to say anymore, car might take a few seconds to start initially, might even conk out but it will sort itself out after a few tries.
    7. Do as I did, have pizza and beer for dinner.....you just saved a load of dosh and you know it was really replaced...

honda_saj and Nels like this.
  10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Did you take any pictures of the procedure @ellacrx ?
    If so, we could d with a Guide/DIY for this job.

11. Lee Underwood New Member Getting Started

It's under the rear passenger seat, in the fuel tank, flip the seat up & you'll see its location

12. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No it isn't lol. That's for the 2.0 petrol.

"I've read on the forum............."

13. Lee Underwood New Member Getting Started

Yes it is, I own a 2.2 I-DTEC...... lol

14. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Evidently owning one doesn't mean that you know where the fuel filter is.

15. Lee Underwood New Member Getting Started

That's brilliant! Thanks