1. aussi55 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Bracknell
  2. aussi55 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

CarShade sunblind kit added.

Attached Files:

3. aussi55 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Interior LED light upgrade, impressed with the difference.

Best place to learn how to change bulbs turned out to be the owners manual.

20180313_140004_resized.

Bulbs purchased from Amazon as past experience taught me that cheap isn't always best, plus this seller included dimensions of the bulbs so was sure they were a good fit. Kit included a plastic trim removal tool which I didn't need but nice touch nonetheless.

Will do reversing lights and rear numberplate at a later stage.

- - - Updated - - -
    Fitted my front dashcam taken from my last car. Routed power cable carefully around roof trim and down outside of A Pillar being careful not to pinch or put wire in position it would get chaffed or interfere with the airbags, or steering column etc. Impressed with the OBD power cable idea as easier to fit but includes power switch to allow camera turning on and off with ignition, or to be on continuously, useful if you park somewhere dodgy!

Having done all of this I made an error in positioning the camera below the rear view mirror, I realised afterwards it is partially blocking the high beam assist camera so I will relocate this soon.

I have also noticed my DAB reception appears weaker so will research where the DAB aerial is located and move the camera away from this.

Pictures to follow.

OBD power lead I used:

4. aussi55 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Managed to move camera, shame as it was nicely central and tucked away under the mirror.

Anyway pics attached FYI, it's a Goluk camera, 1080p, 160 degree wide angle, wifi. Works well and has a capacitor rather than battery so hopefully will last longer. Previously had other models with and without screen/GPS etc and tend to fail fairly quickly. This one so far has done well.

20180316_145802_resized. 20180316_145815_resized.

andy83 likes this.
  5. YoEddy_Rider Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Have you got a linky to the bulbs you bought?

6. aussi55 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

AUXITO 10PCS T10 W5W LED Lights Super Bright, 6000K Error Free 194 24-SMD 3014 LED Car Lights Bulbs, 12V License Plate Lights, Interior Lights, Backup Lights, Reverse Lights Replacement (White)

7. Slayer99 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Notts

Wow all those numbers im confused.

Its one of those things you always think to change but never get round too it. Good work!

8. aussi55 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, that's just the link, the bulbs are pretty standard items. I guess the seller wants to cover all options!

Easy to change and you can do them gradually if you are short on time.

Good luck.

Andy

9. David W New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom David Warwick
    Interested in using an OBD lead for my dash cam. Only just bought the car. Can you tell me where the OBD2 port is located?
    Thanks,
    David

10. aussi55 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi David,

The obd port is in the drivers footwell on the lower dash trim near your left knee area.

It's not obvious immediately.

I can take a picture later if you need.

Andy

11. David W New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom David Warwick
    Thanks. Waiting for the lead to arrive now.