General Honda Elysion alarm problem

Discussion in 'Imports & Worldwide' started by Trickytree, Tuesday 12th Sep, 2017.

1. Trickytree Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom andy Nottingham
    Hi do any Elysion owners have any information on the alarm system fitted to the car please?

For some reason my alarm seems to be going off randomly including overnight which when the horn sounds isnt best pleasing for my wife or neighbors

I've checked and all windows and doors are shut and no interior lights/devices have been left on

Im trying to work out

Does the alarm work on movement or voltage drop or both
    Can the car be locked without setting the alarm to on
    Can the alarm be disabled by pulling a fuse out or anything as i cannot afford for it to keep going off especially at night

Many thanks
    Andy

2. laurentjanot Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Laurent Slough
    Hi Andy,

Not sure if you’ve managed to sort out the alarm issue with your Elysion. It seems that I have a very similar problem with mine and I believe that I have kind of “fixed” it. The sensor that is most likely to be the culprit is the one located in the engine bay, triggered when the hood is opened. I did some research and this sensor failure is not uncommon with Hondas. The advice I’ve found is to simply disconnect the sensor.
    Now in the Elysion, it seems to be located just by the hood’s latch and to access it, you will need to remove the plastic cover on top of the front grill. It is held by a number of plastic pins that are relatively straightforward to remove. But still, be careful as it is so easy to break these fragile plastic bits. Once removed, you should be able to see a connector with, I think, a yellow and black wires. Disconnect it and hopefully, your alarm will not trigger for no reasons any longer. If it still does then it could be another sensor in one of the doors or the boot.

I don’t believe that you can lock the car without the alarm.

Thanks

Laurent

3. Trickytree Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks @laurentjanot read and looked a afew videos stating it was that sensor, had a quick look before xmas but couldn't see it so will have another look when it drys up . did it resolve yours?

4. laurentjanot Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Laurent Slough
    Yes @Trickytree, I have not had the alarm going off since so I assume that the problem is sorted ;-)

5. Trickytree Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@laurentjanot well i must of chose the wettest day to have a bash at this, removed plastic trim and your right they break easily, think hardest part was getting my hand in to the sensor as its located behind the beam and to actually disconnect the damn thing was a struggle, but I've done it and so far no alarm going off, many thanks

laurentjanot likes this.