Honda Stepwgn 24z 2005

Discussion in 'Imports & Worldwide' started by wassell, Sunday 17th Sep, 2017.

1. wassell New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom db dudley
    Hi every
    I purchased a Stepwgn24z import last year with built in sat nav/ dvd tv cd system all in Japanese can anyone tell me if I can get this change to English? I have seen cd to translate other Hondas But not mine. or will I have to change whole system. if so what's the one that will fit without to many problems
    please help Wassell

andy83 and Ichiban like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    Hi @wassell I will have a look about to see what can be found, have you got an android phone as some translate apps can convert to English for you, I also wonder if @jd1959 has any more idea's has he has a stepwgn here is his..
    Thanks
    Andy

4. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    I've had no luck in changing mine to English, or the maps. I've the HDD Internavi (with the disk/pcmcia/hdd in the glovebox). I haven't tried to change it out, at the end of the day with a translate app you can get used to the common settings and pair the phone. As a media center it is pretty good. It will record cd's and with a Pcmcia to CF you can store 100 wma/mp3 songs. I added a DVB-T to the AUX inputs for TV and use it as a media player with a second HDD. With a pal to NTSC converter you can plug in the computer/tablet or other gizmo and display on the screen. You'll need a bandwidth expander on the antenna line to pull in radio. It can be fun to practice your Japanese to use the voice controls.

There is a facebook UK Stepwgn page and several people have tried to change the radio's on non-navi systems with varying degrees of success, but to remove the entire navi system and wire in something else is a huge project requiring removal of a lot of various kit and still needing to cover or fill the dash controls. It is possible but quite an undertaking. A good bit of the stock bits and pieces such as the reverse camera don't communicate well with European radios.

Some of the drawings are here for the RG series given the model change in '05 don't know if yours is an RF or RG NAVIGATION SYSTEM (1) / honda | part list|JP-CarParts.com

Get some photos up of yours in the club garage, we need a few more of them.

andy83 likes this.
  5. wassell New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom db dudley
    hi you guys sorry for late reply but been very busy doing other things THANKS for all your comments and I do realise the system is a good one , I'm now looking for translated manual cheers again best regards Wassell
    - - - Updated - - -
    hi you guys sorry for late reply but been very busy doing other things THANKS for all your comments and I do realise the system is a good one , I'm now looking for translated manual cheers again
    best regards Wassell

andy83 likes this.
  6. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    andy83 likes this.
  7. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    @jd1959 good info mate also could been seen as a long term helping hand for @wassell to have that manual, Honda's are the best cars..
    Thanks
    Andy

8. wassell New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom db dudley
    thanks you guys I am sticking with the system and going to try some of your suggestions best regards wassell

andy83 likes this.