Feedback/Help How do I usnsubscribe from this site??

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by Dabtoe, Tuesday 27th Dec, 2016.

1. Dabtoe New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom kniinf igufyd
    I no longer buy Hondas, yet I still get spam e-mails from them. They refer me to the settings page for this forum to unsubscribe, but I cannot find anywhere where I can.

Can anyone help me to stop receiving spam and leave this site (forever) please?

Regards

John

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Hello John,
    Have you ever signed up to a Honda Owners Site?

If so, which one?
    If not, then I am as confused as you.

3. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    I think this is one for @DeviateDefiant to confirm.

@Dabtoe - you obviously signed up to the site back in September 2015, but never posted. Technically it isn't 'spam' as you will have accepted t&cs when you signed up. The site sends e-mails every so often (every 6 months I think) to members who haven't visited. Standard internet stuff.

However...

...I think if you go to your user profile (top right), then select 'privacy' there is a tick box near the top to unsubscribe from site mailings.

I guess the obvious alternative would be to put the e-mail address into 'junk' and block it in your e-mail application.

Ichiban, Nels and legend-ary like this.
  4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Having now had time to look into this, @FirstHonda is spot on.
    @Dabtoe you did indeed sign up to the site in September 2015 and the advice given above is correct.
    Thank you Ed.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants