Feedback/Help How to add a second car

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by Lionheart, Friday 6th Jul, 2018.

1. Lionheart Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Adrian Amersham
    I would like to add a Honda Jazz to my CR-V garage entry but am having problems. Obviously I am doing something wrong, can you help?

Lionheart

Attached Files:

2. aznspidey Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom TN London
    Can you be more detailed with the problem you are having?

Go to Club Garage > Click on Add Your Honda button...

andy83 likes this.
  3. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    hello @Lionheart each car you add to the club garage separate also have a look here , also @aznspidey is correct in what he put and any more problems just ask mate...
    Thanks
    Andy

4. Lionheart Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I keep trying to add the vehicle but a message keeps coming up saying' Please enter a value that matches the required format.' However I can see nothing wrong,nothing is flagged up on the form its self. I have tried about 6 times so far and twice lost all the information. currently on screen but will not let me proceed,i am getting exasperated.

5. aznspidey Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom TN London
    Not sure at what point you are having a problem with. Are you doing it on a desktop browser or mobile? Which browser? Do you know how to take screenshots?

What you could try is entering the most basic of information as possible just to get you started. Then gradually modifying the garage item until you are happy it has all the info in it. It might highlight what information is causing the problem.

Unless you can provide detailed steps for us to reproduce what you're experiencing, I for one, am not able to help you much more than with this.

andy83 likes this.
  6. Lionheart Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I am using my laptop with Google Chrome. The picture is taken with a Fuji F30 digital camera who's images have appeared on the site before.
    I have filled out all the sections on the form including engine number etc. As far as I can see each required field is filled in. The image also seemed to be accepted in as much as it was downloaded by the site and a thumbnail produced.

The problem is that when i press add your car the following comes up

The following error occurred:

Please enter a value that matches the required format.

But nothing shows against any of the line entries required or not . So there is nothing I can emend.
    At present only the basic info is entered DSCF0766.JPG .
    Over to you?

7. aznspidey Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom TN London
    What is this basic info you are entering on the form?

andy83 likes this.
  8. Lionheart Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Model /Generation 3rd Generation 07-015

Name Your Honda:
    DAILY DRIVER
    %s" id="ctrl_title_item_add" maxlength="100" style="font-size: 13px; font-family: "Open Sans", "Segoe WP", "Segoe UI", Tahoma, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); outline: 0px; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; width: 543px; display: inline; float: right; margin: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; background: transparent !important; border-width: initial !important; border-style: none !important; border-radius: 0px !important; box-shadow: none !important; position: absolute !important;">
    Brief Description
    Shows on the garage list view. If left blank this will be auto-generated from the info below.
    Model:REQUIRED
    Accord Accord Coupe Accord Hybrid Accord Tourer Acty Ballade Beat City Civic Civic Coupe Civic Hybrid Civic Tourer Concerto CR-V CR-X CR-Z Crosstour Element Fit Freed FR-V HR-V ILX Insight Inspire Integra Jazz Jazz Hybrid LaGreat Legend Logo MDX Mobilio N600 NSX N-Box N-One N-WGN Odyssey Pilot Prelude Quintet Ridgeline RDX RL RLX RSX S500 S600 S660 S800 S2000 Shuttle SM-X Spirior StepWGN Stream Torneo TL TLX TSX Vamos Vezel ZEST Accord Aerodeck Civic Aerodeck
    Precisely which model do you own? If your model isn't listed please contact a staff member to get it added in.
    Year:REQUIRED
    The year your car was manufactured, must be in 4 digits.
    Grade:REQUIRED
    Your model's grade or trim level, such as Sport, Type-R, Executive or SE.
    Colour:REQUIRED
    The Honda colour name such as "Milano Red" or "Pirates Black". If you don't know and want to find out, check out our Brochures & Manuals section and look-up your model, or alternatively check for the info sticker/plate on the front door sills/pillars.
    Engine:REQUIRED
    Your engine code such as "K20A2", "B16C" or "H22A7". This field only accepts letters and numbers with no spaces or symbols. If you don't know, you can either find it on your VIN plate in the engine bay, look-up other models here in the garage for clues, or just create a help thread and ask other members.
    Transmission:REQUIRED
    Manual Automatic CVT
    Whether your car is an automatic, manual or uses Honda's "CVT" technology.
    Chassis Code:
    The chassis code for your vehicle for example "CL9", "FN2" or "DC5". If you don't know your chassis code, don't worry, this field is optional - however you can find it from your VIN number.
    Mileage:
    You may include the current mileage if you wish, this is not required. Numbers only and in miles, for your reference, there's approximately 5 miles to every 8 kilometres.

Show in Sig Yes

Show in Mod No

Basic Info Jazz 1.4 Si 2013

Modifications None

Service History Full

Image As in my last post which seemed to upload OK

Then pressed add your car

9. aznspidey Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom TN London
    Including a screenshot of the form before you click on "Add Your Car" would really help as you've not told us what you are filling in the form with for the "REQUIRED" fields (besides the last 2 of them).

andy83 likes this.
  10. Lionheart Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I did fill it all in but most of it has disappeared as have the spaces etc. I will try one more time if the Mrs can do this screen shot thing. Here we go:

upload_2018-7-8_11-58-17.

upload_2018-7-8_11-58-44.

11. aznspidey Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom TN London
    As you can see in my signature area, I've managed to add a car using your photo and information you provided on Chrome/win10. Not sure what your issue is.

Try using Chrome in Incognito mode (CTRL-SHIFT-N) so that it doesn't load any browser extensions. Also try a different web browser if that doesn't work.

12. Lionheart Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello anzspidey Thanks for your latest reply, you are not going to believe this but I had another go using exactly the same information, the same browser, same computer and yet another new tab and guess what it worked first time. I promise you I did nothing different.

Subsequently I have updated some of the information in the descriptions.

The only thing which there appears to be a problem with is the image showing at the start of the entry but I see other people are having problems with this.

So thanks for your help, I can only assume my earlier problems were due to a bug in the system which has cleared.

Regards Lionheart

aznspidey and andy83 like this.
  13. aznspidey Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom TN London
    Glad it sorted itself out. Definitely a peculiar bug! :crazyeyes:

@andy83 is there an option to delete a garage vehicle as I can't find it lol?

14. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    hello mate staff might be able to, @Nels might have an idea ....

aznspidey likes this.
  15. aznspidey Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom TN London
    @Nels @Ichiban Can one of you please remove the Honda Jazz from my garage?

andy83 likes this.
  16. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Done.

andy83 and aznspidey like this.