4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Great job there @Harvey
    Thank you for sharing. :Thumbup:

Harvey likes this.
  5. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No probs

6. robertmorodan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Morodan arad
    Hi, great tutorial but where and which exactly is the socket to jump? Because i tried and my ABS light just stays on. No flash. Thank you

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    It's the OBD Port @robertmorodan, I think on the 6th Generation Accords it in the passenger footwell along the end of the centre console.

8. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry I had forgotten there was an issue with pictures at the moment.
    The connector you are looking for is under the glove box, it's blue and is a 5 pin connector. You might have to poke your head underneath, but it's right in the middle and somewhat tucked up. You will know it when you see it, as it's a connector that it's clipped into what looks like another connector with no wires coming out of it. Nearby there is also another blue 2 pin connector, which IIRC was for the PCM. Sadly I no longer have the photos or a 6th Generation accord to show you.

robertmorodan likes this.
  9. robertmorodan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Morodan arad
    I have tried the connector. Both of them :Smile: the ABS light just stays on. Its not blinking. :Frown:

10. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Can you post a photo of the connector you are trying to use?
    - - - Updated - - -
    remember that the ignition should be off before you stick the paperclip in to the connector and that the locking tap should be on the top for the pins to be correct.

with the locking tab on top, pin 5 is on the far left and pin 3 is the 3rd from left (effectively in the middle) also make sure that the paperclip is pushed in firmly

390610d1425606979-where-data-link-obd-ii-connection-97-civic-data-link-connector.

Found this pic on the web that shows the connector, its the large blue one. You see the locking tab in the mid this should be on the top of the connector when you push the paperclip into it. otherwise you will be pushing the paperclip into an unused slot.

11. robertmorodan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Morodan arad
    This is under the passenger side. I can even make a video of the process if you have an email address or something
    - - - Updated - - -
    I was trying the 2 pin connector and the 5pin connector (first pin and the 4th pin of the 5pin connector)

Attached Files:

Harvey likes this.
  12. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That might be why then, one of them is the wrong pin,

try the first pin and the middle pin. the one with the purple and white and the blue and grey wires.

13. robertmorodan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Morodan arad
    I'm sorry, 1st and 3rd pin of the 5pin connector. Then i put the Ignition and the dash illuminates but the ABS is not blinking
    - - - Updated - - -
    I will try again in minutes and take a picture of the paper clip in the connector. Brb
    - - - Updated - - -
    Nothing happens

Attached Files:

Harvey likes this.
  14. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As another thought if the ABS light does not go off and there is actually no fault code stored, check the fuse for the ABS in the fuse box, check its not blown or become dislodged, otherwise these screen grabs from an ESM may be of help.

upload_2017-2-3_18-27-37.
    upload_2017-2-3_18-27-56.
    - - - Updated - - -
    you have the paperclip in the correct pins.

Check the fuse for ABS and if that does not work, then have a look at the above screen grabs as they may help you diagnose the fault.

15. robertmorodan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Morodan arad
    Ok, the fuse under the passenger side or driver side? Or both? I will check, also from the screens, what connector is it referring to? The gauge assembly? Behind thr speedometer? Thanks for your help

16. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I assume when it says drivers side under dash, it means the one on the end of the dashboard, drivers side, the ones by the glovebox are for stuff inside the car.
    I would assume that is what it means. I did not need to go any further than pulling codes to find my problem so I have no idea any further than this.

17. robertmorodan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Morodan arad
    Ok, will check, about the EMS? what is that?

18. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

ESM - Electronic Service Manual.

19. robertmorodan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Morodan arad
    Where can i get one? :Smile:

20. Harvey Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Unfortunately these are only available at Honda Dealers. And normally only available to honda technicians