Electrical & Lights Illuminated door seals

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by leonard, Monday 19th Mar, 2018.

1. leonard Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    Has anyone seen this kit before?

1461945_310B6E68-7B88-45F2-8D2C-AF71EE03F596.

08239C47-5EC1-4F60-B518-CC058FB1ED95. 8F8C6E74-630E-4FFE-BE1D-2DF83B392EF5.

2. Bacu Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I surely didn't, it seems like an OEM kit, do you have any code or seller for it?

3. MikeG1 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Cheshire
    I've seen the lighting kit on cox motor parts which doesn't look like that I'm interested too!

leonard likes this.
  4. Bacu Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

5. leonard Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    Thanks Bacu.
    Yes that's the one and the top led strip is blue and the other is white.
    Can't wait to see it in the flesh.

6. Bacu Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Me too! :Smile: I asked already coxmotorparts of they can source it, if we are more maybe they will give us a good price for it...

7. aussi55 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Bracknell
    They look good, let me know if you have any luck sourcing them.

I found the same listing on the UK site, £136 approx.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-OEM-INNER-LED-DOOR-SILL-TRIM-GARNISH-ILLUMINATED-FOR-CR-V-RM-2012-2016/122077660226?fits=Model:CR-V&hash=item1c6c654442:g:CpkAAOSwU-pXqW0d
    Can anyone think of a catch here, any difference maybe between left and right hand drive, I can't think of any?

Wonder if you are subject to tax as it's coming from China. Also they appear to stick on, do the original ones stick in place or are the illuminted ones stuck on top?

8. Bacu Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok, so COX cannot source these. I bought them on ebay, from australia. At first sight they look pretty qualitative. Wednesday morning i will install them at the local honda dealership.

9. aussi55 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Bracknell
    Looks nice, was it hard to fit?

10. leonard Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    It’s easy to just doing it yourself only 30min job.
    Easy to unclip the old ones and fix the new ones ,tuck the wires under the plastic trim.No need to remove anything else.Connect the positive wire to the light blue connector on the fuse board under the drivers footwell,the negative to the exelerator pedal bolt and job done.
    Enjoy the luxury, just don’t stare at them while driving.

Racy Jace and aussi55 like this.
  11. Racy Jace Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Jason Dudley, UK
    These look great! Have you you the illuminated door sills as well?

I might look into these when the weather gets better :Thumbup:

12. leonard Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    Yep

Racy Jace likes this.
  13. Bacu Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Leonard. I prefer to install the at dealer, I am not handy at these electrical staff.

What do you mean by staring at them, the blue ones are lit during driving as well?

14. Bacu Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Leonard, i tried to install them at the honda dealer today, but they were not able, saying that they are not fit for european CR-V models, that when they tried to activate them in the car's computer an error was triggered... they said they will try to install them by linking them to the dome lights. did you have this issues?

15. leonard Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    They telling you lies.
    As I said above they are easy to install yourself.
    What grade CR-V do you have?
    If you look at the fuse-board under the drivers footwell do you see a light blue plug
    Where the door and ambient lights are connected?
    If yourconnector is missing than you have to buy it from Honda.
    I’ll get some pictures of the connector and diagram later.

16. Bacu Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I would very much appreciate this, thanks!

I have an executive grade (equivalent of EX in UK I guess, the highest grade).

17. leonard Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london

Attached Files:

18. Bacu Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks a lot, I will try to discuss with them tomorrow. After connecting these cables, have you done any “activation” in the ECU unit? How are they working in fact, are the white LEDs turning on when the dome light is on, and the blue ones are working with the front lights, or...?

19. leonard Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    No don’t need any activation ,is plug and play.
    They all are connected to one wire and the lights are all on. If you see the pictures for the connector diagram you have a choice purple 12v with ignition or orange with the side lights on where I have connected mine.
    PS the wiring loom referring to the silver pin has one side longer that the other.The longer wire is the passenger side.

20. Bacu Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It might be my fault, Leonardo, as after purchase I noticed that there are no installation instructions provided by the seller, and then he sent me the installation instructions for the normal European illuminated door sills, which apparently are to be connected in a different fuse (see the pic).
    IMG_5943.JPG

I think they are indeed linked to some sort of ECU function, and that they are not on with engine or on with sidelights, but on with dome lights or so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk