Guides In-Car TV/Freeview Installed in 2007 Legend.

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by Rydo, Saturday 3rd Jun, 2017.

1. Rydo Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Scotland Ryan Glasgow
    I may have shared this video previously on my car's garage post but I thought I would share some more information on it here

What you see is the result of the NavTool kit from the stats which allows you to to piggyback the navigation disk connector in the boot of the car and by the use of a push button switch it will allow you to toggle between navigation view and normal view. The device has HDMI and composite-input but sadly no sound. For that you will need to use GromAudio or similar Bluetooth sound device.

The beauty of the kit is that it allows you to watch the TV whilst driving for the comfort of the passengers and the Legend's big (biggest on the market at the time) navigation screen.

I have started this thread as, in this video shown, I was using my phone and the app TV Player to display TV in the car. In practice however, I did not use this nearly as much as I thought I would.

That's because when you get in the car, you need to start the car, connect your phone to the HDMI cable, conenct your phone to power cable (as you nee dto leave phone screen on whilst it is playing the TV Player app), scroll to TV Player app, launch the app, change the sound settings to Bluetooth and then press the navigation OK button twice so it doesn't timeout to the black screen, then press the cycle button on the NavTool to display the TV signal.

Too much work

So I have started this thread as in the coming months I am going to be upgrading my setup to an Alpina TUE-T200 Freeview receiver, Alpina top of the line aerials (forgot the part number but will post when I aquire them), Alpina remote control receiver eye, and I will install the 3.5mm headphone module to my GromAudio Bluetooth receiver.

This will mean in theory that I can start the car, press the cycle to NavTool button, and the TV will be playing straight away. If there is any loss of signal then it will come back on its own with the Freeview receiver whereas if the TV Player app on my phone dropped out then you had to quit the app and start it again basically.

More to come...

andy83 and Ichiban like this.
  2. Rydo Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Scotland Ryan Glasgow
    IMG_4489. IMG_4490. Update #1

T150 and KRE500 for remote control ordered.

Should be looking to install next weekend hopefully with the weather being nice.

3. Rydo Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Scotland Ryan Glasgow
    Well guys I got it all installed, set-up and running and well...let my video do the talking!

v6Echo likes this.