General In trouble again! Rear discs for my StepWGN

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by naDiel, Monday 3rd Sep, 2018.

1. naDiel Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi Guys,

looking at the breaks part of the car now, I would like to replace the discs and pads on my StepWGN.
    Looking at part numbers I managed to find front discs and all the pads but can not find in UK the correct part that would be a replacement for the rear discs.
    Would the rear discs from Elysion fit as that is what the pads on the rear are from?
    Anyone can help?

2. djcrossie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Dave West Midlands
    If you can find the part numbers give your local Honda dealer (or better still Holdcroft Honda) they'll be able to advise you if they can get discs and pads for the car. Look here honda | vehicle list|JP-CarParts.com to try and get the specific part numbers.

I know on my Odyssey I can get pads and discs for the back but only the pads for the front as the front discs are Japan only (there is no UK Honda model equivalent). That's why i'm going to get my brakes broken down and all pads replaced and hopefully not have to replace the discs as it then starts to get lengthy and costly.

naDiel likes this.
  3. naDiel Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'll try Honda Holdcroft as my local dealer is absolutely useless ('It's not for UK market, so we can't help'). Other than that will have to measure the discs and see what sizes are equivalent on the market... If not then I'll have the same problem as you but with different part of the breaks :Frown:

4. djcrossie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Dave West Midlands
    Its ok if they are Japan only it just means that you have to plan in advance and factor in the shipping cost and shipping time of getting it through Crooober or Buyee. Do you definitely need discs? I asked my trusted mechanic about the condition of my discs and he said they don't need replacing just disassemble and give a clean, then fit new pads and shims which is booked in this month.

5. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
  6. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

me thinks this can all be solved easyer than it might look, I take the rear has shoes inside the disc mate
    also look here..
    Thanks
    Andy

7. jd1959 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    Rear disks 42510-SZ3-J00 they are common enough, rear pads are a bit more difficult as they were used in JDM vehicles with nothing in the UK market matching 43022-SFE-N00 . NiBK Brakes:: Application Cross Reference and Image for NiBK : BRAKE PADS : PN8506 has cross numbers . Rear pads can be gotten as blueprint locally- but I found them to wear fast, eat the disk, and create loads of dust. I eventually replaced the disks and pads with Honda OEM - you'll also get the full set of shims with the Honda pads. The parking brake shoes unless badly mistreated should be fine, in theory for the life of the car. You can get all of it off https://www.amayama.com/en if your local dealer is being less than helpful.

8. naDiel Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That is a lot of info to digest!
    So for starters I would have to check the VIN number to be able to tell you my exact model, which I can do after work.
    However @jd1959 already done that with part numbers from honda :Smile:
    Although I don't get how the rear disc is common enough because I can't seem to find any :Frown:
    So far I have found these:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-ABS-...AKING-PAD-37628-P-OE-REPLACEMENT/153133713836

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-ZIMM...G-PAD-234221651-P-OE-REPLACEMENT/153133714289

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-09793211-BREMBO-OE-QUALITY-BRAKE-DISC-SET/282995574488

But have been defeated when it comes to rear discs... There is a good chance that they are still usable with fronts as well but I rather know that I can buy them if I need to. No worried about the rear shoes - I know they last a lifetime and they were horrible enough to change on the Stream!

And yes @andy83 the rear has shoes inside the disc :Smile:

andy83 likes this.
  9. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

mate I could be wrong but got idea the discs might be same as 7th Generation accord tourer discs for rear..

10. naDiel Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Funny thing is that I've heard that they share a lot of parts with Accords... I'll use the links from you first and then have another look.

andy83 likes this.
  11. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

mate things run deeper than they can first look, its all worth the time in doing it as it Honda...

naDiel likes this.
  12. jd1959 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    I believe they are indeed the same disk I saw a comparison on a Russian site but can't find it to verify at the moment.

Any case if you run some of the Honda cross reference you'll get a good few to choose from.
    HONDA 42510-S9A-000, HONDA 42510-S9A-N00, HONDA 42510-SCA-E00, HONDA 42510-SMC-N00, HONDA 42510-SMC-N01, HONDA 42510-SMC-N02
    ATE24.0109-0144.1
    Blue PrintADH24387
    BREMBO08.8868.20
    CAR142.1241
    CAR RACINGHPD 1241
    DELPHIBG3979
    FritechDF1109
    HONDA42510-S9A-N00
    HONDA42510-SCA-E00
    HONDA42510-SMC-N01
    INTERBRAKEHO701P
    LPRH1014P
    MINTEXMDC2046
    NIPPARTSJ3314035
    TRUSTINGDF1109

naDiel and andy83 like this.
  13. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think as with a lot a bit of in depth research, great results can be found, I went over a lot of sites yesterday to look this up, its just more proof why HK is a great site cause we can all pull together on stuff..
    Thanks
    Andy

naDiel and djcrossie like this.
  14. naDiel Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I completely agree with @andy83 here - never have I experienced more helpful people since civiclife joined hondakarma. Sometimes I even feel that even before the merge of the forum the support over there was only from few selected individuals.

Thank you guys! I will search further for those discs but I might have to crawl under the car first to see if I really want to change them. Even if for peace of mind.

jd1959 and andy83 like this.