Service & Maintenance Jacking up car higher?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by aznspidey, Friday 11th May, 2018.

1. aznspidey Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom TN London
    What methods are there for jacking up the car nice and high? I've just tried to jack up from the rear but my trolley jack has a max height of only 38cm. My axle stands can go up to 43cm so if jacking up from front or rear, you'd need to go even higher than that to get that kind of height near the wheel axle supports.

I've seen the method of using 2 old brake discs to add some height. What other methods would you suggest?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. aznspidey Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom TN London
    Thanks @Ichiban Unfortunately trying to do things on a budget and in a rush to get started for this weekend, the trolley jack I purchased is not really suited for height. In the end I had to do each side separately and put a brick under the jack to give it extra height. I guess I'll just have to settle for a little extra elbow grease for now. When I really get into doing all the maintenance myself, I will probably invest in a much better jack.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You got any old car front brake discs ? double them up and use your scissor jack and then put a axel stand underneath the ARB bushes. bricks can crumble as they shyte.

5. aznspidey Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom TN London
    I don't have any old brake discs until I need to replace my existing ones. I'll ask some friends and relatives if they have any. Until then, I'll just make do with the brick (it seems to be sturdy enough) - I put some old cloth between them so no metal of the trolley jack cuts directly into the brick.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Use a sturdy piece of hard wood anything which won't crumble on load, Morden bricks are crap..

Be safe..

andy83 likes this.