jazzway likes this.
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Ohh is that a real plate or photoshop ?

5. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Everyone will want one now:Wink:

6. jazzway Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Marlène Maasgouw
    Photoshop. I only used it to make the photos a little smaller and changed the number plate. The real Honda Karma sticker is on the hatch.

MickyB likes this.
  7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Nice photoshopping ! :Smile:

jazzway likes this.
  8. jazzway Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Steels (15") with Michelin Alpin tyres and genuine Honda trims, a temporarily change for the winter months. I bought the used set (tread depth 7,5mm) a few months ago at a Honda dealership. Yesterday my brother-in-law, who owns an independent garage, fitted them and i like the softer ride.
    The winter may begin... :Grin:

IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG

Edit - replaced the huge (15+Mb png) photos with the smaller JPGs.

Last edited: Tuesday 22nd Nov, 2016
    MickyB and legend-ary like this.
  9. jazzway Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Bought Novline custom molded floor liners for the front. With the bad weather we already have had the OEM carpet mats are in need of a good clean. The Novline liners will be our new winter- and bad weather mats to protect the floor carpeting beneath.

IMG_0769.JPG

Annoying other thing is that since today the dome light LED started to flicker, every-time a door is open... And those LED's weren't even cheap. :nea:

MickyB and legend-ary like this.
  10. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    i like these mats. with all the rain and dry leaves littering the footwell having rubber mats would save so much hassle

jazzway likes this.
  11. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Rubber mats are a must in the winter.
    You can never trust LEDs they are so unpredictable.

jazzway likes this.
  12. DrSam Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham

Which LED did you buy?

13. jazzway Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I also looked at the Honda rubber mats, but at those there's nothing under the pedals and dead pedal. This foot liner fits tight and covers the entire footwell.

Yes, they are a must, i had rubber mats in all my previous cars. With dogs you come at some places... haha.

As for the LEDs we can conclude that the lifespan of the 'premium' LighTec24 LED dome light is 5 weeks! What a waste...
    I will send them an email, but luckily i also kept the normal bulbs.

14. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You never know they might send you some more out free and gratis. Similar happened to my daughter she bought some and after a couple of weeks they started to blink, so she contacted the seller and he said oh sorry about that I'll send some replacement. Two days later a package with 20 bulbs arrived!!!
    She originally had bought 6.

15. jazzway Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

They have confidence in their LEDs then. :Wink:
    But yes, i am going to send them email, they'll be happy with me #not They first sent me the wrong LED for the dome light and now the thing is blinking continuously.

MickyB likes this.
  16. jazzway Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Sorry, i missed your post earlier.
    I bought the LighTec24 interior LED set for the Honda Jazz:

ab731538fe22fe5533d0268ed0ab543f.

The dome LED in this special set didn't fit and was replaced by another LED... and is now an annoying blinking Christmas light.

MickyB and DrSam like this.
  17. DrSam Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    The one it was replaced with, is it error free?

18. jazzway Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

That's the dome light which is blinking now. So, i would say no.

19. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hope you've got a tree on the dashboard!!! :Grin:
    Tinsel on the mirror.:jumpy:
    And Santa on the parcel shelf:Smile:

jazzway likes this.
  20. jazzway Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

First the blinking LED: Yesterday, finally, i received ONE replacement LED for my Christmas light. It's exactly the same type of LED as before so time will learn if this one is okay. Btw, i had to remove the youtube vid i made specially for them so they could watch it before they send me the new one. That was 1 month ago... Hopefully i don't need to make a new video to show the world. :spiteful:

The Jazz passed the APK (MOT) about 2 months ago (next one in 2018) and got its first full service (in our possession) 3 weeks ago. With a hiccup concerning the coolant, the car stayed a night in my brother in law's garage to get a flush and fresh coolant the following day. I forgot to make a photo of the thick sludgy coolant, but last weekend i heard my brother in law had collected some of it in a jar and showed it to a technician from Forté. He told him this was indeed and with no doubt a result of mixing two incompatible coolants. Who did it and why, we have no idea... But since the flush and fresh coolant it's staying in a beautiful clean Honda color.

Our previous car was 1,5 year when we bought it and we had her for 17 years. It got the same care - fresh oil two or three times a year (± 6000km) and by the manufacturer recommended annual maintenance. Always at the independent garages of my brothers in law (one in the middle west and the other in the south east of the Netherlands. :Wink:) The car was traded in for the Jazz because unfortunately she was an old ugly diesel and therefore banned in some Dutch cities (i fully agree with the ban, btw), the diesel road tax was sky high with our mileage and she had no air conditioning. But she never ever let us down, never failed on an APK (MOT) and the only costs in those 17 years were normal maintenance- and wear and tear parts. Almost 20 now and the car is still on the Dutch roads. Sometimes i do miss her…

The above paragraph is only to emphasize that regular car maintenance is important to me and that car was a driving proof. With the Jazz i wanted to go a step further: joined Honda Karma, choose and buy all the maintenance stuff myself with full support of our garage (he encouraged it!) The other next step i took was in car detailing, so she's not only in good health but also looks pretty. :Wub:

And with some free time in the last week of 2016 i made a start with a maintenance spreadsheet to keep me up to date with her needs. It's only for fluids and parts, but it informs me to order the stuff in time.

IMG_0869.JPG

legend-ary and MickyB like this.