1. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    BNIB with manual, self tapping screws.. A bit dusty but its brand new :O I don't even want to dump the box!!
    2016-08-17.

BB Baboonface and jazzway like this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Have you fitted it yet ? :Tongue:

3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Waiting for lunch break actually ;D I have memorised the instruction manual in the meanwhile. Lol

4. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Console finally in.

Old one out
    IMG_5057.JPG

New one in
    IMG_5078.JPG
    It has sliding arm rest and a nice big cubby hole and pop out cup holders at the back
    IMG_5079.JPG IMG_5080.JPG IMG_5077.JPG

Ah.. my elbow can rest easy now.. .time to go cruising!
    IMG_5083.JPG

BB Baboonface, Nels, jazzway and 2 others like this.
  5. k20a3 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

That console looks great! A big improvement I bet. Nice to have an arm rest on a long journey.

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Good work, looks great !

7. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Yeah I couldn't believe my luck when I spotted the listing for this.. a brand new in box console that was originally sold during early 2000s. Will report back on how is it like driving with it :Smile:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Thanks!

8. jazzway Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Marlène Maasgouw
    What a great find! Looks very good and i like the sliding arm rest, i bet you too! :Smile:

legend-ary likes this.
  9. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

I do indeed. It's so comfy! Now I'm worried I might wear out the upholstery;D maybe time to get a leather cover for it. Lol
    Down the rabbit hole I go

10. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

FR wishbone is now here. Still from eBay but opposed to last time, I bought it from a company who claimed to have produced them in Germany and are of higher quality. Visually the metal is much more uniform and less waves in it than the one I got earlier. Its cheaper too and feels higher quality. Lets see if this resolves the issue.

IMG_5279.JPG IMG_5280.JPG IMG_5281.JPG

BB Baboonface likes this.
  11. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

I ordered a replacement FR wishbone from eBay and bought a FR droplink from ECP using their 30% Discount code before the bank holiday weekend and they arrived in time. So over the bank holiday I had them swapped in and viola! all knocks and bangs are gone and the Jazz now runs beautifully..

Minor niggle is that the steering doesn't sit straight anymore but I guess alignment will sort that out. Funnily when I bought the car the steering was majorly off centre but when I got the FL wishbone changed, it became dead centre all by itself.. minor annoyance but shouldn't be too hard to sort out.

Another thing I noticed, after the oil change the engine sounds a bit.. .Diesel-ish. The iDSI has always been a bit truck like but now I feel the noise has increased.. By the sounds of it can't do anything about it tbh so will see.

12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

A belated 'Well done' on that centre console. :GoodJob:

legend-ary likes this.
  13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

When work on wishbones and other such suspension work is carried out, things like tracking and alignment get affected. The difference of just things being sat a couple of mils off where they use to sit make a big different to tracking, alignment, chamber etc.

legend-ary likes this.
  14. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

I see... that explains it! Thanks for the info

15. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

urgh.. I might have damaged the outer CV boot or maybe the cotter pin, which was a bit lose caught the boot and has split it... grease everywhere and I need to go to the beach today (150mile drive)!!!

16. BB Baboonface Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom James Chesterfield
    Sorry to hear of your troubles, appreciate a problem like that leaves you with a bit of a quandary :Frown:

If you were to consider a new axle rather than replacing the boot, i have seen people on the web say a few times that you are better off buying a genuine Honda part from a breakers rather than aftermarket as the quality is much better with OEM.
    Let us know how it's going when you can :Thumbup:

17. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

image.
    This is what had happened. Whole day gone trying to get it fixed. No beach trip... Mrs ain't happy :/

You can see the pinch on 2nd fold/ring that caused all this. Fixed now
    image.

18. BB Baboonface Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Damn! It's a real shame you missed your trip, but wiser to do that then lose the joint.

19. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Yeah the mechanic was like no it's fine you can drive for 600miles no worries I was like shut up! The universal boot I got in emergency was tied using zip tie which many eBay kits are supplied with but I'll save up for a new joint or a full used driveshaft sometime in the future just in case

20. BB Baboonface Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Good idea bud, best to err on the side of caution. Btw, i missed your new centre console, looks great!