Electrical & Lights Keyless entry disable

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by karool, Tuesday 24th Jul, 2018.

1. karool Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Slovakia Karool Tn
    Hello all, I´ve read on a different forum for different car(probably Accord/Civic), that it is possible to disable keyless entry(unlocking via door handle) by pulling out fuse #31 (SMART). This will disable unlocking feature, without throwing a error message on dashboard. The start button will work normally. It seems it is not working for CR-V 2015. It will disable the start button. Keyless unlocking is working normally.
    Is there a simple way to disable this function without disconnecting the box in the armrest area?

Thanks alot for any hints in advance.

2. leonard Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    Why you want to do that? Keyless entry is a good feature on this cars.

3. karool Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Slovakia Karool Tn
    Well, because I like the car to stay with me, not the thieves
    I am not willing to put my key into any stupid case or whatever. And to start the car to remove it from that case.
    If no solution will come up, I will cover the receiver with aluminium foil to avoid error codes. But before doing that I am hoping for more "21st" century solution.

4. leonard Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    Karool, what you’re saying doesn’t make sense.
    You can set the car that only the drivers door open when you pull the handle and the rest are closed.You keep your keys in the bag or pocket and as far they are with you nobody can start the car and you don’t need to take the keys out to start the car.
    How using the keys on to open the car door is better than using only your hand and keeping your keys in the pocket?

5. karool Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Slovakia Karool Tn
    I am not interested in this type of discussions, please. It brings us nowhere, you like it, I like it also , but it is dangerous. The internet is full of movies where the keyless cars are stolen within seconds. To keep you on the safe side you have to use metalic pouch to avoid signal from keyfob being transmitted around to be retransmitted by thieves to unlock and steal your car. You know this very well, I read your comments here. And to be able to start the car, then you have to each time remove the keyfob from metalic pouch to be able to start the car. What next?
    - - - Updated - - -
    Again, the keyless entry is not an issue with Honda, don't be touched, all keyless systems are prone to be abused by thieves. Unless there will be a two way communication between key and car(not only one way) the system is easy to be tricked with cheap equipment.

6. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cyprus Panos Nicosia
    I would think that it is possible to find the 2 keyless entry wires and unplug those from the connector, or as per my other car, they sell a cable harness that can disable keyless entry and keyless start (bypasses/reverses keyless).

karool likes this.
  7. crv2014ex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom andy chesterfield
    Thought the whole point of a forum was to provoke discussion.
    Bottom line Karool is if “light-fingered Larry” has set his sights on you possessions nothing you do will put him off. All security measures slow a determined thief down.
    Neighbour had a caravan with alarm, hitch lock, two axel wheel locks, locked gate, and security cameras and they still came across 7 farmers field cut the neighbours back fence out and took the caravan. Sat in a nearby field and removed the tracker.
    My brother has a rs focus and thieves removed the beading from the kitchen window, removed the glass climbed in and tried to get the keys.
    If they want your car with or without keyless entry they will either drag it or lift it on a low loader and have it away. All we can do is deter opportunist thieves. The internet Is full of videos of about non keyless cars being stolen. Houses being broken into for they keys. Low tech solution get a crook lock.

leonard likes this.
  8. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cyprus Panos Nicosia
    My point of view is if you have KESSY (or not), these are some additional measures to safeguard vehicle from getting stollen.
    1. Security alarm
    2. GPS tracker
    3. Steering wheel lock (never used one)
    4. Use key pouch which cancels wireless signal. Hackers need two way communication to clone key (Car and key).
    5. Never leave a key at home when you are away.

Saying the above, I have installed KESSY system OEM to a car which I own because I needed this comfort function. Now it is time for the security system to be installed. CR-V EX came with both technologies but no GPS tracker.

9. crv2014ex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom andy chesterfield
    I’ve got for free My Honda which comes with a GPS tracker (£250). Trouble is light fingered Larry will just remove it. You can specify an area on my Honda which if the car leaves you get pinged on your mobile. Or if it detects tow or movement without the engine. There are moments when you get pinged to say your vehicle has left the area and it’s still sat on the drive.
    Best bit IMHO is you can set a speed limit and get pinged when the car exceeds the speed limit. The wife has had a couple of Bol£&*#=&* for that.