Off-Topic Know anything about Watches?

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by Primarycare, Wednesday 9th Jan, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It has to be Jap watch for sure with auto chronograph.I won't buy a watch from eBay mate.

2. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    ^^Very wise. I may be very "risk adverse" but I got mine from John Lewis. At least I could guarantee a reasonable price, but more than that good service and back up if required. Can also be sure it is genuine!

3. Primarycare Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Last edited: Wednesday 14th Aug, 2013
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Mate those pictures will need uploading again they were posted under PQR use the Go Advance.

5. Primarycare Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oopps. On my desktop at work will have another go tomorrow

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  7. PeteMM Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    Why not?

I have mine up on eBay at the minute

Tag Heuer Carrera CV2010 Calibre 16 | eBay

Sadly it has to go to pay for the new engine and crap for the Accord :Frown:

I also have a very very limited edition (100 i think from memory) Seiko Honda F1 with stainless bracelet

Have an Omega Speedmaster Professional Apollo 11 which I will never sell - unless I can get a Snoopy for sensible money.

Really really want one of these though

Tag Heuer Link Ayrton Senna 2002 Limited Edition Ultra RARE New | eBay

unfortunately I would only be buying it due to the name on it, cos I don;t like the Link range.

However, I will one day own a Heuer Monaco.

Right after I get myself one of these

SBGC003-L.
    Can't think of a grander way to blow £7k than on a completely uncompromising Japanese watch

Last edited: Wednesday 14th Aug, 2013
    Primarycare likes this.
  8. Primarycare Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice Tag, I also have an Omega although not my daily drive.. Kept for best :Smile: I prefer the omega to Tag but understand the attraction.

Good luck with the auction some one will get a nice watch there.

- - - Updated - - -

The first and second watch (same one) look a little like an Oris the third boxy but good one looks a little like a Tag Monaco:Smile:

PeteMM likes this.
  9. PeteMM Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    For me, Tag Heuer do beautiful watches, perhaps not the best movement, definitely not the most accurate but in my opinion the classiest looking of all watches backed up by their motorsport heritage too.

Can't really asked for a better watch than the Omega's though.

But the Grand Seiko is the daddy IMO. Seiko's attempt at world domination via your wrist. A work of art, with precision movements and accuracy with is second to none. Unfortunately just doesn't carry the prestige of some of the other brands. It certainly deserves it considering how much better a watch it is than 99% of rolex and breitlings

10. Primarycare Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Spot on there Pete

Seiko are very understated and superb quality. The Grand Seiko (perhaps not the best name for such an expensive time piece) is a superb instrument.. Although they have a very good reputation from many in the watch world I think many of us mortals have tended to see them as a cheap alternative. Their Seiko 5 range is vast! and has been around for many many years mine is my second and the first now too badly damaged to use still works and had it for years! For a sub £250 automatic they are great value for sad old gits like me who hate battery watches like some hate Diesel cars (no names mentioned) :Whistle:

Some of the solar and kinetic watches are nice but still too far removed from mechanical for me..

11. jaytip Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Interesting the comparisons between Tag and Omega. I had an Omega Seamaster and it had to go back twice for repair while under warranty for losing so much time (a few hours overnight) whereas my Tag CV2014 was accurate to within about 5 seconds a month. It was a really nice watch but sadly had to go to help fund a holiday to Thailand for the wife's mother to see our second arrival for the first time.

12. Primarycare Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Wow two hours... Not the norm for an Omega.. even my Seiko only drops about 4 seconds a day but that's not a chronometer just a plain old auto..

I part ex'ed my Seamaster for a Planet Ocean recently superb watch and best quality..

PeteMM likes this.
  13. jaytip Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

My episode with the Omega has put me off them as a brand now which is a shame because I think they do a nice looking watch.
    When funds allow I'm going to get myself a Zenith 36000VPH.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It must have been a poor watch repairer at that centre.

15. StuH Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    Orient make some nice watches for the money, the Mako in particular is a popular model, I have an Excursion which is a knock-about watch but keeps excellent time. I also notice that *cough* Invicta are doing a model which uses the Seiko NH35 movement and has a flame crystal. Moving up, I think Steinhart are very hard to beat at the price point.

Never had a problem with Omega. I wore a Seamaster as a daily for nearly 10 years and it kept great time and still looked good when I sold it for what I paid. My Submariner doesn't keep great time and the bracelet is not great but the latest models feature the gluide-lock bracelets which look very nice.

Not sure what's next for the collection.

16. jaytip Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

CJ, no idea, but the watch went in to W of S to be repaired.

17. 83427 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Czech Republic Radek Prague
    iam using this seiko for 7 years: Seiko 7T62-0DX0 by ~83427 on deviantART

Its my first really "adult" watches. I can't say any bad word against them. Its still working despite many random hits (street lamp, road sign, railing,...) It has very durable "glass" (in fact its not glass but sapphire crystal).

Seiko ftw man. congratz to your second seiko watches :Wink:

18. Neil Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Neil Newton Abbot
    This is mine an Oris Automatic Watch but I didn't pay that for mine. I bought mine in 2001.

Plus I have 2 Rotary watches.
    One old type wind up Omega, which I have had since I was 18.
    Lastly a Rolex Submariner, but since I moved house I can't find it.

19. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    I've had my Citizen for over 6 years now and still works fine. But the one that has really caught my eye is the Rolex GMT Master II. One day, perhaps.

20. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Being a WTCC fan I got this yesterday from HH, really happy with it!