Laptop recommendations

Discussion in 'Technology, Gaming & Phones' started by dave_f, Sunday 16th Jun, 2013.

1. dave_f Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi guys, wondering can anyone give me some advice here. Want to buy a laptop and have a budget of around €500-€600. Will be used mainly for programming, browsing and downloading DVD's etc. No gaming or anything.

Anyone recommend one? I'm not clued up on specs really. Pref something with 500gb+ and a 15" screen at least. Cheers!

2. Azad_R Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Fujitsu lifebook NH570

3. mikey_t8 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

4. puddin Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Dell inspiron 5521, dell laptops are pretty decent had my inspiron 1525 for a few years now never had any problems with it either :Smile:

5. DafWales Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Definitely recommend any MacBook... 9/10 will outlast at PC laptop.

If you can be bothered getting used to a different OS but they will do all the same things.

6. dave_f Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cheers for the opinions. Looked at reviews of the Fujitsu one online and not many good ones so I'll give that a pass. Definitely not after a MacBook thanks though. Are Dell ones good?

Edit - HP ENVY m6-1232ea Seems very good, any opinions?

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 17th Jun, 2013
  7. Puddz Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

8. mikey_t8 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

yeah, i'm using the HP one atm... had it for a good 6 months now and it's been quite good... the only problem i had with it was not being use to windows 8 in the beginning.. but after playing about for a week, i worked out how to use most of its functions...

9. JKK Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

You say no to a MacBook but I second that it'll out last any PC.

Loving my MacBook with retina screen :Smile: