Detailing Lexus NX

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by FirstHonda, Sunday 8th Apr, 2018.

1. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    I had my NX detailed by Chris at Summit Detailing this morning. As you may know, I enjoy keeping my cars in good condition, but for a variety of reasons I hadn't had a chance recently and decided to get it fully de-contaminated and protected mainly using Gtechniq products. The results...wow! Only problem is, it has now rained...:shock: fullsizeoutput_34d. fullsizeoutput_35f. fullsizeoutput_360. fullsizeoutput_35a. fullsizeoutput_34a.

https://summit-detailing.co.uk

2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Paying someone to clean your car, shame on you!

Nels likes this.
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Next thing he'll be paying a driver :quad:

FirstHonda and Duc de Pommfrit like this.
  4. i-DSI Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    I must admit, I also go to the handcarwash from time to time. Just don't have the time to do it always myself. And with the mileage I drive the car becomes dirty rather quick.
    But I don't let it detail. Just a simple wash. But than again, I do pay extra to clean the interior and trunk also, pfff. Shame on me :nodding:.

FirstHonda likes this.
  5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:Sobbing::no: :Sobbing:

i-DSI likes this.
  6. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

"Next thing he'll be paying a driver :quad:"

Double standards I say. Nobody minds paying a train driver or a pilot...:lol:

7. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

Last week Summit Detailing did a very thorough job on my 14 year-old MINI Cooper. They needed it for two days, so I had to drive it down to Weston-Super-Mare (50 miles from me) and leave it with Chris. After a 'paint enhancement' detail i.e. correction of swirls etc. it looks...well, like this :Happy:. It looked pretty good before, but the level of shine and perfection now...better than new!

Sandy52 and Nels like this.
  8. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

IMG_0099.JPG IMG_0101.JPG My new NX has been with Chris at Summit Detailing for the past couple of days being sorted while still new. Superficially it looked ok as delivered, but there were numerous defects in the paint caused by poor (normal!) cleaning, including holograms on the bonnet, roof and door tops.

So, following defect removal by machine it was protected with Gtechniq Crystal Serum (paintwork and wheels) with colour block on the leather interior. The results in detail available on Instagram...fair to say I'm amazed at what can be achieved by a pro!

https://www.instagram.com/summit_detailing/

Going forward, maintenance will be quick and easy with Gtechniq C2v3 applied after washing, and Gyeon 'Wet Coat' in the Winter for speed. Mmmm, shiny...:excited:

Sandy52 and Mugen_fd2 like this.
  9. vincemince Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looks cool
    but no England Flags. :Wink::zen::beach::Whiteflag:

Actually that colour looks really good brings out the sharpness of the design :Thumbup:

FirstHonda likes this.
  10. Mugen_fd2 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

London
  11. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

@Mugen_fd2

No issues at all, although with a Gtechniq coating I'd have been surprised. So far, it seems totally impervious to everything, which at least helps justify the cost.

On my other (non-coated) car, I use FSE to deal with any water marks. Awesome stuff. Not the shiniest finish or the easiest to use, but to deal with specific areas prior to another final stage product it is an essential part of my kit now.

https://carpro.uk.com/products/koch-chemie-fse-finish-spray-exterior-quick-detailer-1000ml

12. Mugen_fd2 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

London
    I've got FSE as well, but I hoped Exov3 will be less prone to water spots. Maybe its hard London's water at fault?
    Would like to try Gyeon Q2 syncro system in the future - its getting good reviews, especially its top layer Skin.

13. Sandy52 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sandy NORWICH
    DId he say it rained? Whatever next!
    What is the UK coming too. thought we had given up on rain.

The cars look GREAT!.

14. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

@Mugen_fd2 maybe try the Gtechniq version (W2). I use their C2v3 and it is amazing stuff. Have also heard good things about the Gyeon range in general, and have their 'Wet Coat' ready to use this Winter.

15. StuH Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    Parents have just ordered a new NX to replace their 10 plate RX. Considering recommending it to be ceramic coated.