liars! and my own stupidity

Discussion in 'Steam Room' started by azzab18turbo, Friday 25th Dec, 2015.

1. Site Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i did a £1.89 hpi check on a car the other day, and it included the last 7 years of MOT's showing any failures or advisories...well worth using a service like it...for 2 quid as well!

https://totalcarcheck.co.uk/

i don't think its one of those money back guaranteed ones but it worked for the simple stuff :Smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 14th Jan, 2016
  2. Hayes Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It cost me £750 to get one rear arch repaired on my EK if that's any help.

It was to repair a dent but they used a new panel.

3. MatD Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

These cars are getting old so everyone expects a few issues but to be lied to is becoming more and more frequent, too many people who have no idea are "working" on cars and bodging things.

Checking the underside of a car is very hard unless there's a lift there, you end up seeing the best you can and making a judgement call.

I haven't used the feature where you can see previous MOT's but I can imagine it's ridiculously helpful

4. EG-nath Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

im not defending the sellers

but in all fairness it all depends on the way the advert is described.....if the car was advertised as just passing an MOT then thats totally true! the fact they failed to mention the advisories is not their fault, you couldve asked if they were any!?

rust....this to me when buying a honda means no surface / visible rust, underneath and corroded joints etc thats not what i would interpret as no rust!

its one of them tbh, yes theres a few things you feel need to be fixed, but obviously not dangerous as MOT tester wouldn't have passed it, learing curve matey!