Accord Long load!

Discussion in 'Lounge & Gossip' started by Zebster, Monday 29th Jun, 2015.

1. Zebster Guest

Was given a fairly long ladder and had to bring it around 50 miles from Wrexham to get it home today. No problem!

EDIT - have changed the way in which the pictures are attached...

IMAG0723.JPG IMAG0724.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 30th Jun, 2015
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Pictures are broken buddy.

3. exec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom London
    Is it allowed to drive something like that sticking out of the boot? always wondered that as I used to see people in the past driving around with furniture sticking half way out of the car!

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham

Zebster and exec like this.
  5. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard T Milton Keynes
    I would say that is out too far to be safe

6. exec Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom London
    The "stick out dangerously" is a bit ambigous.

BTW @Zebster is that your MR2? Very nice car! :Hey:

Zebster likes this.
  7. vincemince Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Is this a rehearsal for the new top gear Chris Evans sits on the end of the ladder and falls off :jumpy:. :jumpy: :jumpy:

8. Zebster Guest

Was it dangerous or not? I was most worried about someone ramming me from behind while I was at lights or queuing at roundabouts, but nobody came close. This would have been dangerous to me, I guess, but nobody else - but it isn't something I'd want to do regularly, I must admit.

Point is, it's pretty amazing what you can get in the back of these tourers! A couple of years ago I nearly traded it in for an L200 pickup, but actually that would have been less useful for much of the stuff I need to carry.

Yes @exec, that's my wife's MR2 Roadster. Had it from new and it is a great little car, but I'm too tall and 'sturdy' to fit in it comfortably. I don't want to tempt fate, but that's the most reliable car I've ever known.