Modifing a B series intake air box

Discussion in '5th Generation (1992-1995)' started by clkupai, Saturday 15th Jun, 2013.

1. clkupai Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have a standard air box in my B16A in EG6 sir2, it does have a K&N panel filter though. I was wondering if there any mods you can do to improve performance from your standard box, I have heard of people cutting them in places?

Any ideas?

Cheers

View attachment 15264

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 15th Jun, 2013
  2. Jordancivic Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

U can get a hole saw and drill the botterm but personally I don't see much point and recomend a cone filter :Smile:

3. Civic92 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Remove the resonator. Fit a cold air feed.

Shouldn't need to cut a thing by the way. Just fit a pipe in the bottom of the box where the resonator went. Or. Modify the resonator so it turns into a cold air feed

4. MadVTTI Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice 3 inch flexi pipe run from front bumper into bit. Best bang for buck filter

5. clkupai Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thanks guys, will prob go with a pipe and feed it up :Smile: and go against cutting holes in the box!

6. Civic92 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeh you don't need to cut any holes in the air box itself.

I had an ITR box on mine and I just stuffed a flexi pipe into the bottom and fed it to the bumper. Just keep an eye on the filter. It'll suck up more dirt and dust but the air will be fresher.

7. clkupai Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just ordered a ramair half metre 3inch flexi pipe off ebay for about £9, hopefully it will get my engine breathing that bit better!

8. Dan Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Dan Oldbury
    Im abit late in telling you this, but the airbox pipe that fits between the airbox and the intake mani, the fat end will fit over the underside hole in the box, and is just long enough to feed from the front bumper.