Detailing Mop, dents, scratches chips.

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by RobsyUK, Wednesday 11th Jul, 2018.

1. RobsyUK Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    826BBE93-AFA4-4704-8CE6-AD7561737158. At the weekend we got a Jazz at a steal with crazy low miles and literally just serviced.

Now I don’t know what it is with Jazz owners but they all seem to not care about their cars too much. (Well the 2 I’ve owned anyway)

I need replace a few bits inside that a dog has scratched but this is about the outside.

The metallic blue is stunning but I’ve seen 3 small dents (like bullet dents) and 3 very deep scratches.
    Not only this but the car has a good handful of chips and scratches and what looks like seat belt clip dents in the door ways and lets not forgetting the high heel chips on the sills as certain ladies have been getting in and out.

I’ve had a quote of £120 to mop the car but is it better to get the dents / chips filled and repaired and then mop the entire car after?

Is machine polishing ‘mopping’ or are they different?

Oh and to add insult I think the seller thought they would attempt to clean it but used one of hose petrol station cleaning broom things. Swirls, scratches and broom marks in residue. Dirt.

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Congratulations on the new Jazz :Thumbup:

Yes.
    Yes.

andy83 likes this.
  3. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    hello mate how many stages have you been quoted for the £120, also remember Honda's are soft paint..
    thanks
    Andy

4. RobsyUK Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

It’s a mobile company on fb with over 2000 positive reviews.
    Said send pictures of the car and then said £120.
    I said I’d like someone to inspect the car before I agree to an appointment as I’d be annoyed if they ‘machine polish) and it doesn’t make it look amazing.

andy83 likes this.
  5. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    mate do you fancy tackling the job your self, I get your point about someone seeing it before doing the job...
    Thanks
    Andy

6. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    £120 sounds very cheap for a real pro job. £400-500 is more like it. Somebody who claims to be a pro with an orbital can do a lot more damage than you'd think.

No offence intended, but Facebook reviews? You may as well ask a random guy down the pub. Try Detailing World and you will be getting somewhere...look up detailR in Milton Keynes.

Mugen_fd2 and andy83 like this.
  7. vincemince Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Have a look at what detailing is really about there are lots of videos on you tube
    Then you will be able to ask questions about what your getting for the money
    You need to know the thickness of paint a pro will check the thickness of the paint
    For £120 what do you get ? How many stages ? Is it what you want ?

Some videos here others are available

andy83 likes this.
  8. RobsyUK Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

This is why I asked folks... I thought £120 was too cheap and sadly unless you know someone then reviews are the only way to pick. And like it or not but more and more advertise on Facebook.

The one place I will use over FB is the link you’ve provided - detailing world.
    I searched on yell but again reviews read and like any company I have no idea who wrote them.

The company I picked wasn’t Ronnie at an illegal hand car wash. They are an established company that have been going since 2010 so I’d like to think they would be good.

So what’s the difference between a mop and machine polish?

9. RobsyUK Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I have everything but the machine.
    The FR-V is up for sale and I’ve
    Snow flakes, rinsed, washed, Clayed, rinsed, compound, polished, waxed and then meguires final detailer spray.

Not to mention the wheel care, glass care and interior. There’s probably no point with a car I’m selling but I’d rather it look as good as it can.
    Yeah it’s taken 2 days and awkward in this heat but it’s done. I don’t have a machine / hope a company with all the gear can make the Jazz a good base to keep up

10. vincemince Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

andy83 likes this.