Engine & Gearbox More torque needed 2.0 16v 'sport'

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by tom87, Sunday 25th Oct, 2015.

1. tom87 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Tom Calne
    Hi. Seen plenty of info about remapping the diesel variant of the FR-V but nothing on how to improve the general drivability of the petrol? I own a 2.0 16v sport (sport debatable!) which is pretty useless under 5000 revs. I know its a family car and thats when the VTEC kicks in but its a right pain in the :thumbdown:! Maybe I'm just used to driving a turbo diesel? Any input would be brilliant.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I find my 2.0 FR-V is plenty cable of moving, more so than most other MPVs I've driven and that's without revving it.

I think coming from a diesel you're just missing the pull from a turbo diesel.

It's not worth try to improve on the 2.0 petrol performance, there's no quick fix.

3. Zebster Guest

Leave it in lower gears for longer.

Ichiban likes this.
  4. DieselPower Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

exactly! We've all seen ppl who go from 1st to 5th rapidly.

5. tom87 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Tom Calne
    Cheers guys. I must admit it does seem to thrive on higher revs. Was kind of hoping there might be some similarities between the engine I have and the one in the Civic Type-R? Or are they completely different?

6. kes Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Maybe try to find the engine code and then see what other cars it's in and see what they are upto. Even with the diesel a lot of the info is on Civic and Accords. A remap will definitely help. Hopefully there are other mods too.