General My Little EK3 - What's It Worth?

Discussion in '6th Generation (1996-2000)' started by Shiny, Tuesday 13th Feb, 2018.

1. Shiny Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

My little EK3 1.5 Civic will be up sale shortly, but i've no idea what it should let it go for. I'm kind of thinking it can only be worth £200/£300 at best.

Its a great little car, never had any problems in my 4 or 5 years of ownership (other than a drive shaft replacing and a chaffed cable to a sensor), body work is OK but rust is beginning to become rather obvious on the rear arches.

It is standard, apart from the seats being replaced with facelift EK4 seats (the Ek3 ones were awful to sit in), the front plate holder removed and the grill colour coded. Stereo has been changed and it has the gearknob from my ATR.

Its approaching 140k, but is still quiet and smooth. I'll detail it before i put it up for sale.

Thoughts anyone?

An older pic from when it was completely standard, not much has changed, other than a bit more rust on the rear arches and a bit of paint peel on the wheel trims.

Civic36.

2. cduffy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

If you could manage to get that to N.Ireland id be happy to take it off your hands :Smile: pleaseeee lol.

Other than that good luck with the sale. Great cars and 140k is nothing to these mate. Great project for someone aswell.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Shiny Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Lol, you are welcome to come and pick it up, but the ferry will cost you as much as the car!

Its been a great car for me, I don't really want to sell it, but i've just sold my Odyssey and the ATR is now pretty much laid up in the garage, so i need a newer "family" run around.

4. cduffy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

If i had the time to do it i wouldn't think twice about travelling for a clean Civic. Plus would be a bonus knowing an enthusiast owned it. I myself need to think about a bigger family car atm but at some point I want another EK for a project :Smile:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk