Body, Paint & Styling My new shifter knob

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Amused, Friday 24th May, 2013.

1. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finally it's installed.. And it's beautiful! Much better 'in hand' feel than the stock one due to its shape and size, and yet it is lighter than the stock one... It is made in Italy and comes with a nice combination of brushed aluminium, leather and plastic.

photo 1. photo 3.

Now I need the 'bright metal' interior panels to match the colour (part number 08Z03-TL0-610A), hope HH can offer a good deal having in mind the number of items I intend to order from them...

photo 3.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have never seen that gear shifter in real life before,I can get use to it. However the 8th Generation stock shifter is really stubby and accurate for my driving style. I treat the gear shift like a egg shell :Wink:

This being top heavy like Jordan silicone rack it will be handfull :Whistle:.. Just Joking

What I do like is there is no silver ring at the bottom of the gear shifter like the stock one which over time wears revealing a black undercoat. I will tell them about this on my first service.

3. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Trust me, this one is the real deal... It's also pricey, my cost was 100 EUR for the shifter + installation. But it's worth every penny, great stuff... It totally opens up the interior!

- - - Updated - - -

This is the best ever combo (bright metal panels on the dash, this fantastic steering wheel and bright metal shifter)

Bright metal.

Then you add aluminuium pedals, speaker rings, door step garnish and elegance carpets, and you are ready to fight any Beemer on the road :lol:

Last edited: Friday 24th May, 2013
  4. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    i like the gear knob... thats one OEM product i don't like from my Accord. i checked with HH during the meet and it was a bit pricey and i didnt really want the cheap eBay one so i guess im stuck with the original one for now...

btw original OEM knob replacement is 3x more expensive than the one featured in accessories brochure..

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ahh I see of have the sports steering like me .. I have to say it is the best steering wheel I have ever had on a Honda. :Hooray:

6. sword906 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Guys, that's an awesome steering wheel and reminds me of the BMW M sport wheel.

Is this available for as an upgrade and where did you get the steering wheel from? Or is it standard on all EX GT

I take it will fit an EX model

7. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    Perhaps HH can sweep in and cash in all the interest in this steering with a fantastic AOC member price!

8. AccordCU2 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hmm what an idea.Wouldn't mind one myself if price is reasonable.
    Anyone know the price?

- - - Updated - - -

Found it,sadly too dear for me.
    http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/accordsaloon/accessories/interior/2000914/

9. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Last edited: Wednesday 29th May, 2013
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes this is a genuine honda accessories and will fit all 8th Generation accord. IMHO it a superbly crafted steering wheel and everyone should have one.

11. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Completely agree with you! If only HH could do a good deal on those... :Happy:

12. Racy Jace Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I just wear leather gloves. Its cheaper.:Blushing: