Civic/7th Gen My satin silver Ep2 - Start to progress so far! (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by TimGoj, Friday 14th Jun, 2013.

1. TimGoj Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Right guys so I've been a member since September last year and as of yet haven't posted a build thread! blasphemy I know, I know, so with japfest 2 coming up and being on the stand I thought its about time I got my :thumbdown: in gear and gave you a little taster of my EP2.

So after parting ways with my old car ( a 2nd Generation phase 1 clio) I decided I'd go for my sensible dream car - this was the EP3 but the price of the insurance was crippling for what I could afford at the time, I had a budget of £6000 that I had saved up and with quotes of £2,200 I thought ide best wait a few years and build up to it. after going out and looking around I fell madly in love with the EP2's aswell.

after a few days of shopping round and visiting many garages up the country I finally found my EP In preston. the car was mint 52k on the clock, full honda service history, full clean and clear, and most of all was from the lake district where it had been looked after like a child.

Here's how she stood

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the first this I did when I got the car was stumble across a genuine type-r spoiler on ebay for £90 that was in great condition, as much as I didn't want to make it look like something its not the spoiler really gives it a mean look and presence, I did the adaptions to it in a free after noon and also  connected the high level brake light. I did the obligatory EXTRA BHP in a can red calliper paint and also put my private plate on when it got transferred.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As I play drums I usually transport some of my gear back and forwards so decided to get my rear's tinted but that soon turned into all round apart from windscreen,  backs are 80% tinted and front are 20% so its noticeable but subtle, it's ace when you get tits in audi's (usually) driving behind you with main beams on :tut:!!. 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ended up getting a few little bits for my birthday, one of which was a TEGIWANK tow hook, sick of the question whats that for, but 120% pays for itself when someone ( usually at a car park) gets far to close my car and usually ends up twating their leg against it! pure gold when they walk/limp of in astonishment. decided to take the sport of the rear as it was looking a little faded and was starting to lift on the bottom left side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cheeky little snap at my new job far to dusty where i work turns a clean car dirty in less than an hour!

[​IMG]

Got a bit tired with my standard wheels, they needed a refurb and didnt have enough money to look for an alternative set so got some bits and bobs from halfrauds and set out to give them ago myself, decided on going with black as I like the black and silver combo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

looks like I have no wheels!

[​IMG]

My Coilpack cover looked a little bare so decide to give another little DIY aspect to it 

I'm pretty impressed with the out come, purple lettering and the rising sun on the flat background.

[​IMG]

Got a new toyo sport manifold and K&n 57i induction kit, can definitely tell the difference in responsiveness and also bottom end and top end power, still no type-r but definitely puts a big smile on my face every time I drive it :Smile: I still havent got a picture of my e-bay yet so will do ASAP!

future plans for the car:

fit my recaro bucket seats - awaiting seat adaption or rails at a good price what ever I give into first.

power flow decat - awaiting cash

remap- my boss's brother does automotive electronics and has a really good rep for mapping so will get a very good map& price.

not to distant future -Turbo or K-swap ?

Thanks for taking the time out to read this! any feedback welcome good or bad hope you like and I'll see you at JAPFEST2!

Tim

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 14th Jun, 2013
  2. gaz_ep3 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Nice little thread dude, car looks well. Personally I like all your plans other than the k-swap business, yeh it's been done before, but the vast amount of cash you will spend on the swap wouldn't be worth it, would be cheaper buying and insuring an EP3. But looks a real tidy motor

3. TimGoj Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers dude really means alot! Im more pushed towards the turbo side I work in a garage were they are the common place, plus there isnt many turbo ep2's about, just got to way up whats it and what isnt :Smile:

4. Azad_R Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looking good.

5. TimGoj Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

A little bit more progress got some pictures today.  picture of after market radio/ fascia, manifold and intake. as well as some pictures at a local meet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pic of The E-BAY

[​IMG]

Local meet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Diz Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looking good mate, did you do the window tints yourself?

7. TimGoj Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you, I used a local tint and wrap business, I went to them with my old car they always do a :thumbdown: hot job and its got a 10 year warranty on the film so i thought its not worth risking doing it myself :Smile: