My Time Attack Civic - facebook page

Discussion in 'Track Talk' started by Listerofsmeg, Sunday 1st Dec, 2013.

1. markcivic1981 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What are the dates for Snetterton? I'll pop up and say hello!

2. Listerofsmeg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

5th july mate, come on down.....

Im looking at tues 10th evening for a refamiliarisation if you were around....

3. markcivic1981 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I might be around for that. Possibly even with the Civic. I'm soon having a couple of bits done to it, so it will need a shakedown.

4. Listerofsmeg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

its only 2 weeks away, i just need to check with work and then i may book...even though its not the same layout were using it will give me a fair idea how the cars behaving.

5. Listerofsmeg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Booked on tuesday 10th at Snett :Smile: anyone care to join?

6. JDM-ben Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Nice, wish I could pop up. Goodluck

7. Listerofsmeg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

So, snetterton Round 3 is just around the corner and I have been busy working on the car making soem subtle improvements.

I took it for a track evening at snett on the 10th to refamiliarise myself with most of the layout (as we are using the 200, but only the 300 was available). Was a really useful evening, not without incident, but gave me some useful feedback to confirm that the changes I wanted to make would be of benefit.

The main focus has been to reduce the weight of the car from the measured 995kgs (1105kg with me in....yes, fat :tut:...) down to as low as I could without compromising structural rigidity or performance.

As a result, the following reductions have been made:

Swap from SSR 16" wheels to Rota Slipstream 15" - 19kgs saved (yes, really, the SSRs weighed quite a bit!)

Remaining floor soundproofing - 7kgs saved

Gutted both doors - 10kgs saved (still had one window motor in there!)

Rear 1/4 metal - 3kgs saved

Rear screen swapped for poly - 4kgs saved

Metal cut from boot - 1kg saved

Passenger seat swap from stock to bucket - 4kgs saved

Removal of front under splitter for this round - 6kgs saved

Total - 54kgs saved!

Not bad....so now with 1/3 tank the car should weigh in at around ~940kgs. Much better!! a 5.5% weight reduction.

can't wait to give it a bash now with the improved power to weight ratio, which is now north of 400hp per tonne with me in it :Smile: As I am more familiar with the track I will be pushing as hard as poss, hopefully challenging for the top spot :Smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 24th Jun, 2014
  8. JDM-ben Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Good going and some of it was easy enough to achieve.

9. Listerofsmeg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

yup, i think any further performance increase is going to have to be in the form of power increase!!

Still, if the car and driver combo weighs what i think it should now, then the car is still punching more than 400hp per tonne. Should be enough for some giggles.

If i decide not to go on holiday later this year i may very well swap out the 2.5" exhaust for a 3" one and turn the boost up a small amount for silverstone :Grin:

10. Captain Cray Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Do'nt know if you have an exhaust builder in mind but Demand Engineering Ltd. at Stonham Aspal, Suffolk could well be worth contacting. www,xorst.co.uk   Ask markcivic about them. He had them do a system and gained several BHP! Hope this helps?

11. Listerofsmeg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My current exhaust was custom anyway so i would just got back to the same guy. At 430 odd HP weve just maxed out the 2.5" really...

12. JDM-ben Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Nice, bet it shifts lol. Great build how much do you reckon it owes you?

13. Listerofsmeg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

if I just totalled up the parts that are in the car now, probably no more than 5k, but obviously I've bought stuff, sold stuff, had a few engine ":tut: ups", so probably somewhere in the region of 7 all in all.

14. JDM-ben Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Still very good value for money, i would be happy if mine turns out like this lol.

15. Listerofsmeg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I can't complain certainly. The rest of the investment will be in myself using it, that's just as much if not more important.

16. GBH72 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thats quite a weapon for the price!

Best of luck for Snett mate !

Im amazed at the power you've got from a 2.5" system! You should see some of the things I've been told about going straight to a 3" !

But its proven with this car!

I might even stick with my 2.25" as im only going for a modest 250 !

17. Listerofsmeg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

don't worry mate, I've heard them all before too. don't get me wrong, the car will make power easier with the 3" and i will swap it but for the time being, itll do.

18. GBH72 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

From what I've been told it can't make your level of power on a 2.5"!!!

Well there's that theory out the window for sure!

19. Listerofsmeg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

ill see what difference it makes later in the year, although I doubt it would be wise to run it at too much more power wise otherwise ill start cracking sleeves.

I've always maintained 400 was doable on a 2.5" exhaust as I've seen it many times. It really depends on the design of the exhaust really.

At the end of the day im only using an ebay cast manifold too, which most people turn their noses up at.

20. Listerofsmeg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★