My Time Attack Civic - facebook page

Discussion in 'Track Talk' started by Listerofsmeg, Sunday 1st Dec, 2013.

1. dc2blair Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Nice progress Niel,

We've Just finished bolting on most of your old parts (That plastic dip was a right bugger to remove btw !!)

Looking forward to seeing it out, We had ours on the scales last week, with 2 seats and harnesses in, but no extinguisher. Caged with a full tank of fuel she weighed 991KG.

2. Listerofsmeg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

not bad! Mine with no cage and just over half a tank last year was 949kgs, I think it will be very close to yours in its current state, maybe slightly more.

Was hoping to come to snett when you guys are but I don't think that's possible anymore now im doing this saturday! Shame as it would have been a blast out on track with you guys.

and yes...that dip was a nightmare, be luck you only had a spoiler to remove ti from, i had the whole f**king car!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 19th Mar, 2015
  3. spennyd Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Can't wait to see it out on track neil! Big change from last year! See you at Cadwell

4. Listerofsmeg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers spence, can't wait! Are you coming down with Mark? 

5. spennyd Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yer coming down with mark, shame he's not racing!

6. nathan_UNIOFJDM Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

7. dc2blair Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Niel, I'm guessing that Midlands dip applied just enough dip to make it look dipped. I think technically you should apply 4 layers to make it peel of easy, i think they probably used 1 or 2 layers !

Shame you can't join us as Snett, you could have shared our Garage.

We had your old exhaust on the DB meter the other day, Blew 100DBS ! I've lopped the tail pipe off and welded on a Gonzo Nose for it. Ordered up some new packing for the mufffler. I couldn't remember what you said it blew.

8. Listerofsmeg Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i think NA it was 98db recorded on mine as i went to bedford with it without issue! weird that its got louder for yours! extra packing with sort that though im sure.

9. dc2blair Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

i actually think it was over packed now I've had it open, bought some new packing that's loose rather than the predone stuff. hopefully by allowing it some space to move, it won't act as a solid :Grin: .