Daily Driver Name pending....

3rd Generation (2006-2012) vehicle added by Chrispike, Saturday 8th Sep, 2018

1. Chrispike Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Chrispike added a new Honda to the garage:

Name pending....

Check the vehicle's full information here.

2. Chrispike Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Day 4! I've cleaned the cars outside and checked the oil level! Its within the lower half of tolerance.

However, I cannot top it up since I cannot get the oil cap off! Need to spend a bit more time in the gym methinks! I'm turning it anticlockwise, I've tried a cloth to help grip. Next step will be pliers of some sort, but I am SLIGHTLY worried about breaking the cap and dropping parts of brittle plastic into the engine!

I also need to remove the intruder I found underneath the front seat, he looked like a Jelly baby but on closer inspection of the photo it may be a crisp of some kind.

Attached Files:

andy83 likes this.
  3. Chrispike Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Success! The intruder has been removed and disposed of (potassium nitrate hehe) and i've managed to remove the oil cap with the gentle use of a spanner.

Next was a new rear wiper, the old one was VERY tired so we replaced it with a Bosch wiper this morning!

Next will be two front tyres! I also need to look into the front driver side parking sensor, it seems to go off at the littlest thing!

Also wipe down engine bay!

Attached Files:

Nels likes this.
  4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Did you smear a little oil on the rubber seal before refitting?

5. Chrispike Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I did not! I need to buy a little bottle of oil! I will do this next time! I guess that will stop it being so tight!