Introductions New Guy...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Faithfull, Tuesday 25th Jul, 2017.

1. Faithfull Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Would you touch an Auto? I was mainly looking at manuals.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

andy83 likes this.
  2. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    Hello mate personal I feel Honda automatics are great and the 7th Generation has a 5pd auto gearbox, as long as they been regular serviced then got be worth considering...
    Thanks
    Andy

3. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

So the answer was.... yes... you were filtering it by other criteria. :Smile:

I've had both good and bad luck with auto's... my dad was disabled and when he could drive it had to be an auto, and he had them for at least 15yrs without a single issue with any of them. I've had friends with auto's who had no issues and I've had friends who have. I've seen cars scrapped because of an autobox failure being too expensive to repair and I've seen people spend 1500-2000 on repairing an auto box on a car that's not even worth that much, because they love the car.

The problem with auto's lies in their use or abuse... a properly maintained car with a full honda service history (that's not be used for towing) should be fine unless you are planning to abuse it yourself. As you seem to have a preference for lower mileage cars, another factor in your favour as it will have less use.

If you are set on a manual (I prefer them myself too, simply for the better MPG's) then it's a question of perseverance... But have a list of other cars you would find acceptable, so there's always a back up option should you be unable to find exactly what you want within whatever time scale you set.

my backup list for example has included the Toyota Avensis, Mazda 6 and Lexus 220 for larger 4 door cars... I'll be looking to change mine in a year or two and if I can't find the right 8th Generation tourer EX... I'll look to the backup list (which may have changed by then as other cars may appeal, or my needs may change)

4. Faithfull Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So.... this happened yesterday!

d0c5954e7f246ac2dabf403e54c293f5.

01e3240061b0a240c9af08bf981c6990.

4bf988468c6e2045eda6ec5c4511a539.

f0f55133f0254e8d3b20c94589e6000f.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nels and andy83 like this.
  5. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    Faithfull likes this.