Previously Owned No VTEC No Problem

5th Generation (1992-1995) vehicle added by Yorkie, Saturday 27th Jan, 2018

1. Yorkie Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Yorkie Cheltenham
    Yorkie added a new Honda to the garage:

No VTEC No Problem

Check the vehicle's full information here.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Thought I would add the car to the garage and create a project thread (because who doesn't love reading a good project thread!). I will be posting more pictures of the car when I collect it in March after it's having the arches repaired.

I am planning on building a all motor K20A2 engine and I am aiming for 350-400whp. I am a complete rookie when it comes to working on cars so this will be a big learning curve for me which is one of the reasons why I chose the EG platform to work on as it is such a simple car to work on, and due to the age of the car anything that I want to do to it, probably has been done before so there will be a guide somewhere on the internet on how to do it (unless the photobucket incident has killed all good how to guides).

For the K20A2 conversion, I am going to be looking at purchasing a complete EP3 Type-R so I know that all the bits I need from that motor are there and I can transfer over everything to my EG no problem.

Are there any other Civic owners around the Cheltenham area? Would be cool to get a monthly meetup going at The Highwayman Inn in Chelt.

I'm looking forward to this build and I hope to make some new friends along the way as well!

Cheers guys,

Yorkie.

2. Yorkie Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thought I would update the thread with a picture of the car. Not long until collection day now :Smile:

YueWPhYl.

andy83 and i-DSI like this.
  3. Slayer99 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Notts
    Thats big numbers for a rookie all moter build. What feul will you be running.

Yorkie likes this.
  4. i-DSI Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Now....if this is the first thing you will be doing on cars. Won't be easy, but I wish you all the best.
    Keep us posted please.
    "No VTEC no problem", but I always say: "No VTEC, no fun".

andy83 and Yorkie like this.
  5. Yorkie Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've done a little work on cars before, although nothing major, just the usual coilovers and wheels on my old 3rd Generation golf.

I'll be looking at using E85 for the tune, but I don't know of any E85 suppliers near me.
    - - - Updated - - -
    *edit, can find it on demontweeks aha: https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/race-fuel/sunoco-e85-racing-fuel

6. Slayer99 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Notts
    Yea thats what i was thinking, you see the Mericans tuning on it for crazy numbers but they can get it from the pump at $1 a gallon or something. Not gonna happen over here.

7. Yorkie Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah, E85 is super cheap at the pumps in the US. Wish you could get it at the pumps in England.

8. M888PES Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Rye
    I should imagine ur going to need to supercharge it to get them kind of numbers ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. M888PES Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Rye
    Also I know some1 who has done this build if your on fb I could hook u two up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Slayer99 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Notts
    Whats happening with this you got started yet?

11. qbsfinestkid Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looks like a solid base mate keep us updated be nice to see what this ends up like

12. Slayer99 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Notts
    don't look like there is much happening with this.