overheating.

Discussion in 'Honda F/H-Series' started by E M Wynne, Friday 26th Jan, 2018.

1. E M Wynne Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Mutly Leiden
    On my 01 1.8is the water is not circulating...touching the hoses, the hose from the stat. housing is cold...I have a stuck stat....on trying to remove the 3 M10 bolts the inserts in the plastic housing are turning...can,t remove the stat housing to change the thermostat...anyone had the same or does anyone have a solution to stop the inserts turning as I try to remove the bolts.

2. Hondalad Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Steve Derbyshire
    Can you put any pressure on the rear of the housing where it meets the head/block? Obviously not too much because it's plastic but it might be enough to help while you spin the bolts. Or have the bolts come loose enough to give you a gap behind the head of the bolt so you can put some pressure there?

Failing that it might be worth trying a buzz gun on a low setting to shock them out?

3. E M Wynne Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Mutly Leiden
    Hondalad, I ended up having to cut the heads off the bolts with my grinder...some :tut:...before me... put loctite on the bolts...I taped them out & put nuts on longer bolts.problem solved.

Hondalad likes this.
  4. Hondalad Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Steve Derbyshire
    Glad you sorted it. I don't know why some people like putting loctite on everything.

5. Sandy52 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sandy NORWICH
    Well done, that could have been expensive! SOme people should not be allowed under a car bonnet.

6. E M Wynne Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Mutly Leiden
    Thanks guys, don,t know why Honda made the housing in plastic when all USDM & JDM are in ally.