P0193 after running out of fuel.

Discussion in 'Honda N-Series' started by deian, Tuesday 8th May, 2018.

1. deian Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

So the other day the car ran out of fuel (or so it seems, maybe it could have gone a bit further), anyway I topped her up with 10 litres of fuel. Primed via the bulb and it couldn't start. I tried for half an hour thinking it was air in the system. Came back the next day, it started fine and I drove home fine. My GF then drove it and broke down.

After some investigation, code P0193 comes up, FRP high. It's stuck at 1800 bar. And doesn't come back down until it's stone cold. I've read I could reset this on the ECU side by jumping pins 2 and 3 on the Pressure Sensor plug leading back to the ECU. But the weird thing is, the ECU will still show this value even if it isn't connected to the sensor! So, can I rule out the sensor. What is the resistance I should be getting and on what pins? Should I check for continuity to the ECU?

Has anyone got any idea whether running out of fuel has exaggerated an underlying problem. I think I can rule out air in the system because it can and will run fine. Something else I noticed too was the load at idle hovers around 35 - 40%, and occassionally it will occasionally drop down to 0 - 5% and the engine becomes more normal and diesely sounding.

Does it sound like it always been overfuelling a bit? I usually get 36mpg and 40mpg at best, this is from mixed but also 20 miles of motorway driving to work.
    Could it be the pump? Or the regulator on the side of the rail? Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!