General Parking sensors - front

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Patc50, Friday 23rd Sep, 2016.

1. Patc50 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Pat Nantwich
    Yet another newbie question! My '09 CR-V has rear parking sensors, rear camera and two parking sensors on the front bumper, one at each 'corner'. My question is about the front sensors - there are no sensors in the middle section of the front bumper (number plate area), so when parking front end to (say) a concrete bollard central to the car, the corner sensors will not detect the bollard. Seems a bit of an odd design ...... or am I missing something?
    Any info appreciated.

2. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    The 4th Generation has four at the front, two either side of the number plate. Perhaps a redesign to correct exactly the fault you have?

3. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cyprus Panos Nicosia
    Maybe you should use a diagnostic to see if you have any faults?? or two more sensors should be added by Honda due to Safety issues/concerns??? Maybe at that point in time they only installed corner sensors as front sensors were not mandatory. Adding 2 more sensors is the best idea.

Last edited: Friday 23rd Sep, 2016
  4. Patc50 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for your replies. At least I know that I'm not missing something! I will take care when parking ... seems sensible :Smile:

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    @Patc50 if yuo kindly post a picture of your front end we could point out where these sensors are.

6. Patc50 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Ichiban - thank you for the kind offer. I can spot the sensors no problem - it was the fact that there are none covering the central front area that confused me. It seems an odd omission by Honda - which, according to a post above, has been rectified in the latest CR-V version. Again, thank you for your kind offer.

Ichiban likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds