General Parts from Japan

Discussion in 'Imports & Worldwide' started by djcrossie, Friday 12th May, 2017.

1. djcrossie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Dave West Midlands
    Just wanted to hear how people get both OEM and aftermarket parts imported from Japan. I've used sites like https://www.amayama.com/en for OEM parts as well as Holdcroft Honda.

I've looked at other sites like Jauce but wasn't sure on their reliability.

Are there sites which people look to, to get aftermarket parts from?

honda_saj likes this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I usually order my import stuff via HTune and OEM stuff via HH.

honda_saj likes this.
  3. honda_saj Banned

United Kingdom saj east london
    Great prices i have made an account, have you ordered from them ?
    - - - Updated - - -
    also there is this site https://www.hondapartsnow.com/

4. djcrossie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've bought some brake pads from amayama which arrived within a week. I did get a bill a few weeks after from FedEx for import duty but I guess that's to be expected as they were heavy (front and rear sets)

I'm using them at the moment purely for price comparison as HH have not failed me yet and seem to be able to get anything I need.

honda_saj likes this.
  5. honda_saj Banned

Thanks for update and reply

How much was import duty was it still cheaper than HH after paying tax ?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

6. djcrossie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Import duty was £29 the two sets of pads were £129 (which included the faster shipping via fedex). Can't remember how much I was quoted by another Honda dealership for the pads. I'd got a quote for discs and pads which was close to £400.

It was a good test of their service and gives me confidence that I can use them should HH not be able to help

I'll be contacting HH anyway as the pads didn't come with the shims so I need to order them anyway :brickwall:

honda_saj likes this.
  7. honda_saj Banned

Thanks for that info I would have bought performance pads for that price but I guess you wanted OEM

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

8. djcrossie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

To be honest I would have looked at getting some performance ones but its hard enough just to get the OEM parts. It's one of the reasons why I asked where people got their JDM performance parts from.

The only performance parts I've seen (that I can get hold of) for the RB1 are HKS exhausts, coilovers and panel and forced air filters, as well as strut braces. The exhaust was bordering on £1400 and with its size and weight, there would definitely be an import duty charge. I'm not looking to drop the car so had discounted the coilovers

honda_saj likes this.
  9. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Genuine front and rear pads would have only been around £110 from HH

djcrossie, honda_saj and andy83 like this.
  10. djcrossie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I guess you live and learn :dunce:

honda_saj likes this.
  11. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    For aftermarket items (seat covers and cruise/throttle controller) I've had good luck with some of the proxy buying services (buyee.jp) to get items off rakuten, and yahoo auctions jp. For OEM I'll check with the local Honda guy first to see where his price and time frame is at but rarely have I found him any cheaper or faster than the likes of amayama or jp-parts. So usually I only get fluids or the odd small item that comes in cheaper due to postage being fedex only from the Japanese sites. (I do wish HH would do international shipping but it would drive the price up again.)

honda_saj likes this.