Electrical & Lights Passenger electronic sliding door not working after battery went dead

Discussion in 'Imports & Worldwide' started by Clenny, Wednesday 24th Jan, 2018.

1. Clenny New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Chris Hull
    Hi. Can anybody help me please. I took my car to get MOT'd which is a Honda Elysian 2.4 petrol 2004 model and the garage admitted that they let the battery go flat. Luckily today I tried opening the door and it doesn't work. The Honda dealership can't help me and the Mechanic has no idea how to sort this. Does anybody out there know how to go about fixing this or even if it's possible to turn an electronic sliding door into a manual door as if it's not resolved it will not pass it's next MOT and the car will be a write off. I appreciate any advice. Thank you Chris

2. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
  3. laurentjanot Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Laurent Slough
    Hey Chris,
    There should be a switch on the bottom right hand side of the dash (by the VSA switch) that should allow you to deactivate the electric door. Then you should be able to manually open it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQg97-3Dse5Ztr6CGQgT1tEuUVJSKbmNk4g2dX2BQjlrLf_1H9zNg.

Cheers

Laurent

andy83 likes this.
  4. Clenny New Member Getting Started

Thanks. I got to the bottom of it yesterday when someone told me that the mechanic will have forced the door shut! I ended up forcing it open and hey presto re set and all okay. Thanks for your help

laurentjanot likes this.
  5. Trickytree Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom andy Nottingham
    glad its sorted, how did the MOT go?

6. Clenny New Member Getting Started

Pass! Apparently lots of mechanics force electric doors shut. Something to bear in mind for future advice the Mechanics