General R18A2 and LPG

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2007)' started by jd1959, Tuesday 7th Nov, 2017.

1. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    @SpeedyGee Sorry to bother the resident LPG guru, but we recently swapped the Fit for a JDM '09 RSZ Stream R18 and given the success of the StepWGN on LPG, I'm looking into converting the Stream as well. (I'll update my garage soon enough.) I have read of idle issues on a few Civcs with the same engine on gas, but that is through translation from some of the eastern Europe sites.

Any known issues that you have run across or heard of with that engine on gas or just the usual keep and eye on the valves and use a good installer?

andy83 likes this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Zack,

I've done a few R18A2 engines in the Civics with no issues whatsoever and I can't even think why you would have idle issues after conversion, unless the installer has used very long pipes between manifold and LPG injectors.

3. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    Thanks for the reply, my guess is they used the non-intrusive injector spacer insert thing. it seems a pretty common way the eastern europe guys go. Glad to hear there have been no issues from your experience. With petrol prices hitting 1.40 euro/L here and the distance traveled per week I'm pretty keen to get it converted, only issue is getting a large enough tank to fit externally the car sits pretty low so hopefully a 670x180 will fit but need to check with the professionals when we have enough saved up to get it done.