Detailing Ready for the winter

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by jazzway, Saturday 7th Oct, 2017.

1. jazzway Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Marlène Maasgouw
    The last week of September i made the car's exterior ready for winter time.

After a good pre-touchless wash with Angelwax Fastfoam i washed the car with the 3 bucket method (shampoo, rinse, wheels), Carpro Reset shampoo and a microfibre wash pad. Then it was time to clay the car, followed by another wash, rinse and then drying. The last detail was in June, then the Jazz got a 2-stage polish job, therefore now i only did a round cleanser polish (D/A polisher, Poorboy's World Professional Polish, black finishing foam pad). Then after wiping down with Carpro Eraser, the paint was as clean as possible and ready for the last step.

As last step product (LSP) i chose again for Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax. FK 1000P is actually a sealant and with its durability up to 6 months and slick, almost self-cleaning finish, it makes a great LSP for the winter months. The paint got 2 layers with 3 days in between.
    Windows were also polished with PB PP and the rear and side windows got a layer FK1000P, the windshield 2 layers Turte Wax Clearvue Rain Repellant. Wheels were only cleaned (they still wear FK1000P - yes, again, haha) and will be changed for the winter wheels next month.

IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG

No more images of the detail as i had only 2 dry weather parts of the day that week.

Beading was nice.
    IMG_0018.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG

Not such nice weather to make a stunning image in the sun.
    IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

Back in June i also removed the roof trim to give both the car there as the trim a good clean and protection.
    IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

2. andy83 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom andy shropshire
    Marlène a great attention to detail your Jazz looks great, also some very nice beading :Hooray::Thumbup:..
    Thanks
    Andy

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

A smashing job. :likeit:
    ( Not sure when I'll have time to do our cars :Blushing: )

4. jazzway Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Thanks, @andy83! The roof trim was never removed since we bought the car, i even think it was the first time since it left the manufacturer, hahaha.

Thank you, @Nels! Last year i did the winter prep in the first week of November. It was cold and an hour shorter daylight back then. This year we have seen so much rain since early August that i didn't want to wait until October for good weather on a day off, and then maybe to end up in November again.
    Good luck with you two cars, i wouldn't wait too long anymore. :Wink:

Nels and andy83 like this.
  5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

There are three, all black, but one is not a Honda.:Blushing:

You're setting a good example for the rest of us to follow.

I'll get to it as soon as I can, but there are a few things in the way first.

FirstHonda, jazzway and andy83 like this.
  6. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Ed Wiltshire
    Amazing job @jazzway - so thorough. :clap::clap::clap:

I've cleaned my new car for the first time today. It came with a Williams ceramic coating applied - we'll see how long that lasts - and not having owned a dark coloured car for - well, never actually - I can see keeping this up to scratch (so to speak) will be a challenge!

Snowfoamed using Bilt-Hamber, with CarPro Re-Load sealant on the body and wheels which won't affect the ceramic coating.

IMG_0684.JPG IMG_0686.JPG IMG_0687.JPG IMG_0690.JPG

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I washed 3 black cars. I then cut five lawns that needed going over twice as they had grown so long.
    Oh to be 21 again and not ache all over! :wheelchair:
    I will get the winter detailing done. Really I will. :Ermm:

jazzway, andy83 and FirstHonda like this.
  8. jazzway Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Great car, FirstLexus @FirstHonda! It's a beautiful dark color, but not as 'bad' to maintain as a black, i think. A ceramic coating would last 1 to 2 years, i guess, depending on everything. :Wink: Carpro Reload is indeed THE spray sealant to top it up and prolong the protection of the coating.

Washing 3 cars followed by cutting 10 lawns (5x2) is... oh my, i also feel my muscles only thinking of it.
    Of course you will get it done @Nels. Only 18 days until wintertime... :Whistle:

9. vincemince Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You need a big lawnmower.:Smile: :Wink:

IMG_1858.JPG

Nels and FirstHonda like this.
  10. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

IMG_0691.JPG IMG_0692.JPG IMG_0693.JPG The trouble with living around here and driving on lanes normally reserved for tractors is...mud! :help:

11. jazzway Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Instead of a Lexus better bought a tractor then... :Grin:

12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:Rolf: :Rolf: :Rolf:

andy83 likes this.
  13. FirstHonda Moderator Staff Team

14. Hondaze Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Torquay
    Nice work