Aftermarket Kit Rear Boot/Tailgate Gas Strut replacement?

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by chazzb, Saturday 6th Dec, 2014.

1. chazzb Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Berkshire
    Has anyone on here replaced the gas struts on the rear tailgate of an FR-V?

My question is more about where to find suitable replacements. I'm fairly sure the Honda OEM ones will cost a king's ransom so any advice on how to source cheap(er) replacements would be great. Thanks in advance.

I'll happily post a how-to guide with pictures when I get round to doing mine.

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    The FR-V isn't the most popular models and therefore the aftermarket can be quite limited at times, I'm not immediately finding anything unfortunately.

But for your reference the OEM part numbers are 04741-SJD-000 (R) and 04746-SJD-000 (L), the list price is £81.40 each, however @Holdcroft Honda would be able to beat that with free delivery once you're eligible for club discount (25 posts).

3. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard T Milton Keynes
    Another option if money is tight is to source out some second hands one from a scrap yard

4. chazzb Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Berkshire
    Thanks for the advice so far. My plan is to remove one to measure it properly and see if I can get an exact match on this site. Honda Gas Struts

5. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard T Milton Keynes
    Last edited: Thursday 11th Dec, 2014