Guides Rear Diff and Clutch Assembly Fluid Changed

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by Rydo, Sunday 28th May, 2017.

1. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Exactly. When I asked for facts nobody could give me any
    Youtube-Certified-Tech-vertical__75079.1481153731.380.500.

HondaHeritage likes this.
  2. Rydo Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Scotland Ryan Glasgow
    Made in collaboration is still making, better than nothing at all. Aygo may not be entirely Toyota's doing but again at least they offer something in the segment. Avensis using a BMW diesel engine is lame but who specified diesels? We are talking about models of cars on offer. Honda offer no GT coupe, no properly small city car, proper saloon car. Any my point was not that Toyota are in the same league as Lexus, of course not, my point is that Lexus comes under the Toyota umbrella, where are the Acuras in the UK if Honda insist on selling their top line cars under another name? Oh wait, they never launched here. That'll be another failed opportunity.

You want us to trust Honda UK with our cars yet berate the person replying from Honda UK as standard call centre guff...doesn't that seems like an utter oxymoron Ichiban?

I think someone needs to remove their Honda blinkers. It is @Steven9233 , @Blues Legend and I as well as others sinking beyond normal levels of money into these cars to maintain them, tax them, fuel them. We are not merely arm chair mechanics who don't own them......forgive us for wanting to ensure that we get it right.

So I assume the TSB shared by @Blues Legend counts for nothing. The viscosity difference has been highlighted numerous times and is factual.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Pointless replying to your post objectively as you just have a Grude on everything must be a Scottish thing.

4. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You would assume right. It's a TSB for a different market to what you and I live in.

Ichiban likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    But the argument is these lot think it the same car with a different grill, but we are the egregious ones.:Wink:

6. Rydo Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Scotland Ryan Glasgow
    Lovely, well done on running a forum where it's 'pointless replying' and because I don't drop to my knees worshipping everything Honda do, despite the fact I love my KB1 and will probably go for an Elysion Prestige too just because it's a Honda, then just write me off as having a 'grude' on everything. Loved the Scottish part, always good to turn to personal insults when you run out of logical discussion points.

A different market, not a different planet or a different universe. As far as I know the US has states which have similar climes to the UK, the only factor that would affect fluid choice, yet they are prescribing DPSF across the board.

We don't 'think' it's the same car, we know it is, they were built at the same factory in Japan with the same components.

How a simple thread discussing routine maintenance item has been hijacked by two NON-Legend owners adamant on dictating that we are wrong is pathetic. Keep going if you want the forum to succeed, as I have nothing but love for this place and a want to help post guides etc but will not be a part of this pathetic school boy 'oh look it's a jock YouTube mechanic' childness.

Steven9233 likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    As they say you entitled to your opinion but everyone got one.. but not necessary the right one. Peace

HondaHeritage likes this.
  8. HondaHeritage Moderator Staff Team

slim london
    wow im glad i stayed out of this one with my 40yre 0f experience in the motor trade I've got plenty to say.....but you know what you can keep your over technical modern car with expensive tyres parts and lots of breakable plastic bits,an i,ll stick to my old ones

Steven9233 likes this.
  9. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not owning a particular model of car does not necessarily mean that person doesn't have a knowledge of them :Grin:

Ichiban likes this.
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Somehow you feel reading this thread you need to own cars to have experience on it.Having worked for Honda and been in touch with loads of Honda master technician over the year we know jack sh1t
    - - - Updated - - -
    same time as my post .LOL

11. Steven9233 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom steve Southampton
    Guys , remember the comments made by some including me, are intended to help one another with tips or experience gained for all on this forum "united by the love of Honda " I stand by what I said regarding diff fluid , rydo is also 100 correct , if people want to listen to HUK or other advice then do so , no need to get touchy . Go for a drive an your awsome legends and think how s*** life would be if you owned a rubbish car basically anything French or German lol unless you like copious amounts of fault fixing

12. HondaHeritage Moderator Staff Team

slim london
    ah well make way for the younger generations they do seem to be blessed with worldly knowledge at birth be prepared to take your classic cars to the grave with you as soon no one will know what a spanner is and the only tool in the box will be the spanner that dose,nt know how to use it.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You forgot the wonderful google and power of internet an generation has grown believing everything what on the internet is true. WE are pre google.. so not fashionable.