Suspension, Steering and Brakes Rear Suspension problems

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Alain Camenzuli, Monday 20th Apr, 2015.

1. Alain Camenzuli Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So my car is at 120k miles and in Malta the roads are horrid the care started developed a severe knock when going over pot holes at all speeds on the rear driver side. I both the drop links but I have a feeling that it is the shockabsorber that has failed because the car is slightly lower on this side then the other.

My question is I order a rear shock from my local dealer but it seems to be different than the one on the car could it be a tourer shock and not a saloon ? model TOKICO E20015

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard T Milton Keynes
    Sounds more like a broken spring if it is leaning that much. Check to see if the spring is busted, before ordering any shocks.

ArcticFire likes this.
  3. Alain Camenzuli Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Let me describe is well for you. When i push the back of the car down and make it bounce i clicks on the right driver side and it is a tiny bit lower about 3/4 of a cm. What might it be if not shocks ? the spring doesnt look broken on inspection and the sound it to audible to be just drop links.

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard T Milton Keynes
    Its normal for a car to sag a small amount over the years as the springs and shocks wear down, that amount of drop could even be accounted for with unequally inflated tyres. I would check all your bushes. How many times does the car bounce before settling itself?

5. Alain Camenzuli Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

maybe twice until is settles down . The sound it makes is when it push down to a certain point. It no a creaking soung its a lod clicking sound.

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Could well be spring related, get it on a four post ramp and then bounce it with someone checking from underneath. Are the ARB bushes OK ?

7. ArcticFire Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I would say springs and rarb first.

8. Alain Camenzuli Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

is there any other of seeing if it is the spring. Malta is not a wonderland of mechanics and not all have lifts here :/. The sound a thump more then a click and it happens when the car is pushed down to a certain point. but it definitely lower on the driver side.

9. ArcticFire Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Could be the rear ARB bushes, it would be a very cheap initial attempt.

10. Alain Camenzuli Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Would the ARB bushes cause the height to drop in one side ?

11. ArcticFire Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Scotland Graham Scotland
    No, that will probably just be the spring but such a small amount as you say probably won't be anything to worry about. The noise could be the rarb bushes though.

12. nauest Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Ned Texel
    Ichiban likes this.