Dealers/Garages Recommended Engine Remanufacturers

Discussion in 'Dealers, Garages & Body Shops' started by ghostrider, Friday 16th Jun, 2017.

1. ghostrider New Member Getting Started

I suspect that I may need my engine to be rebuilt on my 2007 CR-V DIESEL 2.2.
    I was driving when there was a bit of a bang and the car suddenly stopped, and a diagnostic from my local garage indicated timing chain problem, and I am awaiting another diagnostic test from Honda Gloucester.
    I am expecting the engine wants repairing and I can not afford Dealer prices, so I need members suggestions of good regulated engine repairers or any other advice you can give me.
    My car is quite high mileage, however I think I fell into the trap of thinking that timing chains do no break and the engine would be ok,but research has told me otherwise.
    Yours tankfully ghost rider.

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Alas, I am not able to suggest anyone over your way that can help.

Is this the I-CTDI , engine in your CR-V?
    If the chain has broken, this could be very expensive to fix.

andy83 likes this.
  3. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    I think that it will be easier for you to replace the engine with a low mileage one from the breakers.

Ichiban likes this.
  4. ghostrider New Member Getting Started

- - - Updated - - -
    I may go down that route, or I may look into getting a remanufactured engine from Ivor Serle
    - - - Updated - - -
    Yes, it is a chain and I am looking at a very big bill, about £150 for Honda to diagnose what has gone wrong before work stars.

honda_saj likes this.