removing honda fusebox

Discussion in 'Honda K-Series' started by ok2008, Monday 7th Aug, 2017.

1. ok2008 New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Korkmaz92 London
    Im coming to the last stages of my k20 build into a peugeot,

Im at the stage of wiring the charge harness and i want to remove the Civic fusebox in the engine bay,

Im not going to be using any Civic electronics apart from the conversion harness so is there a need to be using a fuseboxfrom a Civic?

What does the two terminals on the fusebox do anyway? don't it work as a fuse protecting from one end to another.

I have wired in a megafuse of 100amps between the battery and starter wire will that be okay.?

So heres how I've done it:

Battery -> 100amp fuse -> starter -> alternator.

What do you think?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Generally speaking in a K Swap you do use the fuse box along with the wiring harness. It just makes things so much easier.

If you wish to do away with the fuse box then you have to you have to study the wiring diagrams very carefully and replicate that setup.

Take just the alternator circuit itself. It is not as simple as you describe it yourself above. There is what is called an ELD (Electrical Load Detector) which feeds into the engine ECU how much load the car is demanding, the ECU then sends a signal to the alternator on how much current to generate. The ELD is in the fusebox.

If I were you I would include the Civic's ECU and just hide it away out of sight in the Pug. That would save you a heck of a lot of re-wiring and headache.

andy83 likes this.
  4. ok2008 New Member Getting Started

My ECU has the eld disabled,
    I've disabled the eld, knock and multiplexor on my ECU, its a pra EP3 ECU.

don't the Battery need current fron the alternator only? As long as there is a fuse inbetween the wire from battery to alternator i think it should be fine, all that the Civic fusebox does is receive power from alternator current and circulates it through the fusebox wiring which goes to the inside cabin,

Im only using honda electronics for the engine and the rest is peugeot, i just ran a feed from the battery to a distribution box then to the Peugeot interior fusebox.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    If you've disabled ELD then that is fine, just a fuse before alternator is all you need :Thumbup:

andy83 likes this.
  6. ok2008 New Member Getting Started

Thanks man,
    I was all over the place worrying if it fails,

Good to know now.

andy83 likes this.