Suspension, Steering and Brakes rubbing noise whilst braking on Honda Jazz

Discussion in '4th Generation (2015)' started by borofankeith, Monday 15th May, 2017.

1. borofankeith New Member Getting Started

England Jazz Billingham
    My recently purchased Honda Jazz has a rubbing noise from the breaks when I come to a stop. The Honda dealer said this is normal on the Jazz. I disagree. Has anybody else experienced this problem?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes it normal on all Modern Honda, EU law which done this to take heavy metals out of brake pads which causes this sequel.

You cannot do anything to reduce it, modern cars for you its called progress.

andy83 likes this.
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

honda_saj and andy83 like this.
  4. borofankeith New Member Getting Started

England Jazz Billingham
    If that were the case then why do I not hear the noise on a slightly older Jazz? Is it not just a case of the pads or brake discs need replacing? Thank you in advance for your reply.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Old Jazz pads has the higher concentration of heavy metals but they soon will get the new specification pads. No the brakes won't need replacing you will have to live with it.

andy83 likes this.
  6. borofankeith New Member Getting Started

England Jazz Billingham
    Ok thank you for the information. I never heard the sound whilst on a test drive, probably concentrating on driving a different car, if I had heard that noise I'm sure I would have gone for a different make of car if this noise is normal for Honda cars. Regards Keith

andy83 likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Do some heavy breaking Keith, on a clear safe road and assuming its safe to do so, brake sharply from 60 down 20. Repeat 4 or 5 times.

This may help. Please do report back if it does.

honda_saj likes this.
  9. Beefy Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Depends on a lot of things Keith. Noises on cars can be very subjective and a problem for one man and not for the other. Perhaps the car had been standing for a while? Is the rubbing there all the time or just when braking? Have you got the widow open and looking for the noise. A certain amount of noise is normal. It is two materials contacting one another, certainly not a silent operation and left to an individuals interpretation on how it should sound.

MickyB likes this.
  10. borofankeith New Member Getting Started

England Jazz Billingham
    Hi guys, the sound happens when I am nearly coming to a stop, I don't hear it any other time. I have my window up and can hear it clearly. The only time I have ever heard that noise on any of my previous cars is when the pads are running low, something that is not the case here. I will give the advice of the admin a try, i.e. Try hard braking a few times, safety of course, and I will give feedback.
    Cheers Keith

honda_saj likes this.
  11. AccordCU2 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Brum
    I have exactly the same on my CR-V but it's starting as soon as I touch the brake but more like scraping noise.
    Not had a chance to look at the pads yet but I'll report more when I had a chance to look more into it.
    Mine was standing for a while so it might be that.

MickyB and honda_saj like this.
  12. borofankeith New Member Getting Started

England Jazz Billingham
    Mine does it after a long run, but again only when I am braking to a halt. The problem is I'm listening for it now and it's doing my head in ha ha.

honda_saj likes this.
  13. honda_saj Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom saj east london
    Seems like all sorted here

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

14. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Turn your radio up Keith and you'll not hear it.:Smile:
    Both my Accord and my CR-V do it.

honda_saj likes this.
  15. borofankeith New Member Getting Started

England Jazz Billingham
    Metallica at full blast it is then

16. MickyB Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just watch out for Clevelands finest....don't give my brother any work to do!

andy83 and honda_saj like this.
  17. AccordCU2 Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Brum
    Oh yes.
    I have two disc Metallica with philharmonic orchestra on full blast.

andy83 and MickyB like this.