Civic/6th Gen Sams K20 EJ6 Coupe

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by SamuelEK, Tuesday 22nd Dec, 2015.

1. SamuelEK Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

4 New AD08Rs landed this morning  :Tongue:

2. Kyron Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom kyron Wolverhampton
    What sort of power you hoping to put down on these ? And what sizes did you opt for ?

These are my first choice tyre and will probably be going 215s as I already run 205s on my b18 and they can spin albeit they were only nankangs lol but I'm hoping to be putting 300ish down on the k24 frank next year.

3. SamuelEK Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

These are going on the B16 Civic. It'll be used on road and occasionally on track until the vti is done, so only 160bhp. 195/50/15.

I have another set for the k20 in 205/50/15. Only standard K20 power for the time being. I think even with a bit more power later on once mapped they'll cope fine. 

4. SamuelEK Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ECU and loom landed for B16 this morning

5. SamuelEK Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well what a :tut: flop. 

B16 is all bolted into the Green EJ9. Purchased a MINT OBD2A EK4 VTI loom, a "de-immobilised" P2T EK4 ECU.... 

won't :tut: run. Turns over, fuel pump primes, no spark, no injector pulse. Tried my old p28, pump primes, sparks, no injector pulse, turns over. 
    ONLY when the original immobilisor chip is in the key. If its removed :tut: all happens. Surely it shouldnt matter if its there or not? Or am I missing something. Not swapped into OBD2A before. I know theres the security module under the column which is obviously part of the puzzle... 

6. naDiel Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sam when I was dropping a B18C4 into my facelift coupe all I ever did was to remove the immo chip from the ECU - and there was no issues what so ever after doing that. I would go over the ECU and check if it truly is deimmobilized or not. And if not it is piss easy job to do!

7. Kyron Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If it was imobolised the fuel pump doesn't prime if I recall correctly

8. SamuelEK Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Got it running on my old P06 (P28) 

No coolant temp, ICAV doesnt seem to be doing much and im stuck at launch control when driving (speedo works) 

Its a start I suppose. Im going to try a JDM ECU this weekend. 

9. naDiel Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Like a said - I took the immo chip of out the ECU for c4 I had and never had a problem.

10. SamuelEK Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have VTEC again and :tut: its good. 

11. SamuelEK Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hardrace gear good stuff? 

I'm planning on replacing all the bushes/arms and ball joints on the Ek4 and they all seem decent money. 

Polybushing the Ej9 this week. Yellow Speeds go on tomorrow! 

12. Kyron Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hardrace are very good , just bushes ? 

Not looked into that trader in the trader section strong flex ? I know monky London used their stuff on his drift cars and rates them, life time warranty. I personaly haven't used their stuff but do have some hard race parts on which are doing well so far.

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 31st Oct, 2016
  13. naDiel Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

All about that spherical bearing bushes boys :Wink: Yes you pay top price but supposedly they are the dog danglies! When I finally manage to get myself a little project car I will go for them :Smile:

14. Kyron Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Spherical bearings dry out and seize quicker. Had some ASR spherical droplinks and they were unbelievably noisey   Weren't even that old, replaced with OEM droplinks and the noise went, although they ends have now seized into my arm  :unsure:

15. SamuelEK Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm thinking about the hardrace spherical rta bushes for the k swap as its rarely going to see the road.. 

I may end up just buying another Energy Suspension kit or some strong flex gear to rule out any worry or unwanted maintenance. 

Not touched the EK4 over the last few weeks with me getting the EJ9 somewhere near where I want it to be. 
    Still not happy with the gas for the MIG so im reluctant to crack out some bodywork but I can keep moving forwards otherwise. 

Going to treat it to some new bits over the next few months, mostly focusing on suspension components and Im tempted by some big brakes, at least as big as I can fit beneath 15"s. 

I've pinched the Yellow Speeds and put them on the EJ9 for the weekend. Decided against the Premium Comps and went for the sport pro's as they may well end up staying on the ej9 and I'll throw some premiums on the EK4 if the oppertunity arises. Been for a blast tonight and Im super impressed. 

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 1st Nov, 2016
  16. SamuelEK Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

The Green Machine survived its first outing on track yesterday! 

Flawless all day. Just missing some antiroll bars to improve things grip wise but the Yellow Speeds impressed me otherwise. 

That's it for the Ej9 now. Daily it and focus on the ek4 now! 

17. SamuelEK Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tempted to fob everything off (Except the K20) and just buy something else thats decent and clean next year. Getting hassle about mine being in the yard now and Im generally low on motivation. Not touched the VTI in ages now. Fancy a Teg or an EG but I'm not sure. The EK4 could be pretty sweet when done but the time and hassle Im getting is putting me off :Frown:   :no:

18. Kyron Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oh no.

19. SamuelEK Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Breaking the EK4 if anyone wants anything. Interior items minus dash, clocks, front seats and carpet. 
    Rear hubs are drums so pointless selling on. 
    Front 262 hubs no brakes. Can add callipers and carriers. Needs discs and wheel bearings doing. 
    Rear ARB
    Little odds and ends really. 

Think the K20 will be going into the EJ9, may even sell the B16 too to speed things up. Just bagged a shifter and cables so I only need mounts and fuel set up to complete the swap. 

20. Kyron Club Veteran ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You've got the conversion sorted already ?

That was quick unless you've been buying little bits at a time ?